or Connect

Posts by enzos

No use for an iPhone: the local (Fiji) network isn't up to it. I'm hanging for the next model iPt.. coz 2 x 32 = 64GB in the iPt and that's (finally) enough for my music (ca. 3,000 songs) and good sized selection of the 25,000+ photos (not really interested in videos). Also expecting the faster processor, more RAM, auto-focus touch-screen camera etc. to migrate from iPhone to the next model which may well also have more spectacular battery life (sans 3G and other radios)...
It's the TechStud.. epiphany |iˈpifənē| noun ( pl. -nies) the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12). • the festival commemorating this on January 6. • a manifestation of a divine or supernatural being. • a moment of sudden revelation or insight. Enz
Come on Solips! even an atheist can count his/her blessings... in the sense "a beneficial thing for which one is grateful; something that brings well-being : great intelligence can be a curse as well as a blessing | it's a blessing we're alive." (Oxf. D.) Actually, this is a bit of a girly-girl forum. A "slap" indeed. I used to get death threats from a particular lunatic kebab seller on a political forum I once frequented. Fortunately, he was in London and I was in Sydney...
Agreed; there are more mundane alternatives .. perhaps of the silicone bakeware coating type http://tinyurl.com/mqn7qa (cheap, tough, non-toxic and environmentally OK but not as insanely great as the stuff from Helsinki U. -Enz
I claim no insider info here but I am an organic and physical chemist and have access to relevant journals. A SciWeb scan of the primary and review literature indicates this is the best and most likely coating (though maybe a different manufacture process to the exotic research method). The excellent review in the 2004 eThesis suggests PDMSiO. "Large amount of experimental work has been done in order to understand and optimize the deposition process of diamond-like carbon...
The coatings are supposed to be tough: on getting dimethylsiloxane coatings to stick, see http://tinyurl.com/lcfqcc And for a review see http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut...u/experime.pdf Ironically, it's from Finland so Nokia might - directly or indirectly (via taxes that support the U. Helsinki) - have funded this research.
I'm with you there. it took maybe an hour to get used to reaching to the top for the tabs and now it looks cramped and dingy having the tabs under the bookmarks bar again. There have been a few problems with crashes.. in my case the problem went away when I trashed the contents of the InputManagers folder (having already having tried zapping the plist files etc.). Odd thing is that the problem didn't come back after I put the various trashed files back into the IM folder...
Per previous post. The problem turned out to be something in the InputManagers folder, which I emptied into Trash.. though I've since put the stuff back in from the Trash (SafariBlock, etc.) and S4 still works fine. (Go figure??).
Safari 4 final wouldn't even fire up till I removed the contents of the InputManagers folder (in Library). Now it's working I'll vouch that it seems smoother and snappier than the beta was before, but I miss the tabs at the top. Must look up that command line method and put the tabs back up where they belong Enz
True enough for me. (In pre-digital days, I used to moonlight as a photographer selling 'landscapes' for office foyers, postcards and calendars). But a sampling of our photo collection (of over 40,000 shots), shows that my wife (a newspaper reporter) takes, albeit by a small margin, MOSTLY portrait photos.