or Connect

Posts by enzos

The coatings are supposed to be tough: on getting dimethylsiloxane coatings to stick, see http://tinyurl.com/lcfqcc And for a review see http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut...u/experime.pdf Ironically, it's from Finland so Nokia might - directly or indirectly (via taxes that support the U. Helsinki) - have funded this research.
I'm with you there. it took maybe an hour to get used to reaching to the top for the tabs and now it looks cramped and dingy having the tabs under the bookmarks bar again. There have been a few problems with crashes.. in my case the problem went away when I trashed the contents of the InputManagers folder (having already having tried zapping the plist files etc.). Odd thing is that the problem didn't come back after I put the various trashed files back into the IM folder...
Per previous post. The problem turned out to be something in the InputManagers folder, which I emptied into Trash.. though I've since put the stuff back in from the Trash (SafariBlock, etc.) and S4 still works fine. (Go figure??).
Safari 4 final wouldn't even fire up till I removed the contents of the InputManagers folder (in Library). Now it's working I'll vouch that it seems smoother and snappier than the beta was before, but I miss the tabs at the top. Must look up that command line method and put the tabs back up where they belong Enz
True enough for me. (In pre-digital days, I used to moonlight as a photographer selling 'landscapes' for office foyers, postcards and calendars). But a sampling of our photo collection (of over 40,000 shots), shows that my wife (a newspaper reporter) takes, albeit by a small margin, MOSTLY portrait photos.
The 3:2 ratio is that of the (D)SLR camera. Movies are different to pictures: you don't shoot movies in vertical orientation. And a 1.8:1 or 2.4:1 ration would look silly for portrait photos.
zo ɟo zuǝ (¡ʇıɯɯɐp) uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'ou
When I was working as a research scientist I would loved a multi-touch tablet computer to take the place of the lab notepad, &c. Presumably, it would dock onto a proper keypad for serious data and text entry but otherwise - with full Unix underneath - it would be all the computer you need. And if the price were right, it would quickly find its way into millions of back-packs/handbags/satchels on school and uni campuses everywhere. Indeed, I find it a more compelling...
@Rok.. Not easy to find the ignore option the first time.. Cheers! That's two juvenile knobs added to the Ignore Heap (Techdud and Italianbaby). Might I suggest other posters only do a 'quick reply' (if they really must respond) to the trolls on these boards so that they can be totally ignored.
Imagine several people pointing their iPhones and snapping in various directions and elevations and the results being combined near instantaneously into a full topological and built-object digital photographic map. And reproducing it in the Holodeck when back on board the Enterprise. Check out.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodeck The possibilities are astonishing to think about and only bounded by one's imagination (and programming skills). Enz