or Connect

Posts by enzos

I've had Safari stalls on both Mac and iOS (iPad mini) and cured them by opening Settings/Prefs and clearing the history and cookies (noting that, possibly, iCloud may restore/transfer those things even if you don't know it!) 
>The next step of course would be user profiles so when my son used his finger, it would limit the apps that could be used, etc.<   Now you're talking! And when/if user accounts (ever) come to iPad, that'd be an excellent feature. The person who picks it up can only use his/her own account ('side') of the device. Let's see what the mythical iPad pro brings next year. 
> battle to relinquish ARM's stranglehold <   Never use a big word unless it a) is more apt than a small one, and b) has the intended meaning.    You're welcome!
(This might appear twice!)   While 3 stars seems niggardly for a fine product, if 5S is 5 stars, and we use a subtractive rubric:  • no A7 (meaning less future proof), 5 - 1 = 4 stars;  • no dual-flash, dynamic panorama, f-2.2, etc., 4 - ½ star = 3 ½ stars;  • no fingerprint scanner, 3 ½ - ½ star = 3 stars.     However, that would be comparing them at the same price, so Dan hasn't but might then say $100 cheaper adds ½ star, making it 3 ½ stars, which would prob. be...
I'll give it a couple of days before DLing but wrt to navigating in the Finder sure looks good (for free!)
We'll know in a few hours…. But they spoke emphatically about their *desktop class* ARM chip last time. So I'm thinking we may see a compelling implementation of a type-pad / cover-stand, maybe on an 11.8" tablet running a new beefed up version of iWork for iOS. A new iLife suite for Mac and iOS might be previewed as well. The timing seems right.  And a new FCP to show off the power of the new Mac Pro. 
People can snidely suggest what they like but the evidence that iMessage and Facetime are encrypted and sealed off from the NSA is that they have been complaining in Memos about message trails going dark at Apple. From April 2013: "A recent Justice Department memo revealed by CNET shows law enforcement’s frustration with Apple’s encrypted iMessage software. The internal memo, sent by the Drug Enforcement Administration, calls iMessages “a challenge to DEA intercept” and...
Android: hmm… I've heard people (smart people, uni students even) saying how much better it is than iOS but can't seem to use the maps, or find the calculator, or the camera, (oops!) … And how much better it is to have replaceable batteries (that not one of them has actually changed), SD card expansion (that not one of them had used), a stronger flash (that gives shittier pictures), a bigger screen (that requires two hands to use).   Why Apple fans worry about the little...
iOS? err. the picture is of a Mac. If they have a tabbed finder in Mavericks why not cover low the tabs? Sound like a great idea!
So that's 2.8 million 5Cs and 6.2 million 5Ss (assuming 9 mil 5C 5S). Versus 4 million Galaxy 4Ss in it's first weekend. Sounds like a bit of trouncing to me, esp since the Galaxy data look cooked when the total first month shipment was 10 million (dishonesty, who'd have think it!?). The 5C is doing its job = the iP 5 refreshed.