or Connect

Posts by Mazda 3s

Very good article, DED, but the trolling the title is going overboard (although I guess it's good for Google News search algorithms...)
Hah, that very well could be true!  Just seems odd to ridicule and try to discredit IDC when it suits your agenda...Then use their data and analysis when its suits your agenda. If they are s**t and shouldn't be trusted, then their numbers shouldn't be used for analysis as a credible source. But if you do use their numbers, it lends credibility to a source that you have tried in the past to discredit.
Aren't IDC and Gartners numbers and analysis routinely panned here by AI's editorial staff, yet here this report is being taking a face value because it makes a great headline to pick on Amazon. Can't have it both ways...
 That makes sense. What I don't understand though (and I guess what frustrates me with DED's articles putting down the competition) is that the market is big enough for a number of players. Apple makes great high-end chips, as does Qualcomm. Qualcomm also makes mid- to low-end chips to cater to lower price points that Apple doesn't want to mess with. And that's fine, not everyone needs to drive around in a Porsche for Porsche money when a VW will do. I prefer my iPhone 6,...
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the slant of this article.http://www.cnet.com/news/android-stays-unbeatable-in-smartphone-market-for-now/If Android phones make up 84% of the smartphone market, and Qualcomm chips seem to be in the vast majority of those devices, they're still selling a s**tload more chips than Apple, right?
I should have said water resistant. But in simple terms, I mean that I can go swim some laps, splash in the pool with my kid, or go out in the ocean with my Pulsar Sonar or a Withings Activite Pop. I can't do that with an Apple Watch AFAIK.
 Which is what diminishes its usefulness for me. I just don't see the point in spending $350 or more on another device that has to be so closely tethered to your always-with you smartphone to use its best features. My iPhone 6 is always in my pocket when I'm out and about, and sitting on my desk when I'm stationary. So I can always view my notifications instantly (yeah, I'm also the guy that takes his phone when sitting on the crapper ). Even when I'm driving, I usually...
That being said, how can it be aimed at fitness buffs and not be waterproof?
See, that is just an inconvenience to me. I rarely take off my current watch (it's a 13-year old Pulsar Solar) and I've never had to change the battery or wind it because... well, it's solar powered. Call me a creature of habit, but a watch with a 8-month battery life (sorry, I said one-year in the previous post) that still gives me fitness/sleep tracking capabilities is a more suitable replacement for me than a smartwatch that needs my iPhone to do anything but tell time...
Hope they can throw in some more battery tweaks between now and then. I know that charging nightly shouldn't be a chore, but I want a device that monitors my sleep patterns and I can't do that if the damn thing is charging on the nightstand.   I'm seriously considering getting a Withings Activitie Pop; it would only set me back $150 and has a battery that lasts a year.