or Connect

Posts by Mazda 3s

I should have said water resistant. But in simple terms, I mean that I can go swim some laps, splash in the pool with my kid, or go out in the ocean with my Pulsar Sonar or a Withings Activite Pop. I can't do that with an Apple Watch AFAIK.
 Which is what diminishes its usefulness for me. I just don't see the point in spending $350 or more on another device that has to be so closely tethered to your always-with you smartphone to use its best features. My iPhone 6 is always in my pocket when I'm out and about, and sitting on my desk when I'm stationary. So I can always view my notifications instantly (yeah, I'm also the guy that takes his phone when sitting on the crapper ). Even when I'm driving, I usually...
That being said, how can it be aimed at fitness buffs and not be waterproof?
See, that is just an inconvenience to me. I rarely take off my current watch (it's a 13-year old Pulsar Solar) and I've never had to change the battery or wind it because... well, it's solar powered. Call me a creature of habit, but a watch with a 8-month battery life (sorry, I said one-year in the previous post) that still gives me fitness/sleep tracking capabilities is a more suitable replacement for me than a smartwatch that needs my iPhone to do anything but tell time...
Hope they can throw in some more battery tweaks between now and then. I know that charging nightly shouldn't be a chore, but I want a device that monitors my sleep patterns and I can't do that if the damn thing is charging on the nightstand.   I'm seriously considering getting a Withings Activitie Pop; it would only set me back $150 and has a battery that lasts a year.
Holy crap!
AI really needs to do something about these ads that hijack your browser. I clicked this story using my iPhone 6 and was automatically transported to some portal site which then took me to the App Store for me to purchase Madden NFL Mobile.
You see, I don't have any personal, direct tension with TS. I've managed to avoid his wrath My only concern is for members who are trying to make a useful contribution are shot down by him rather ruthlessly. If I were a newbie member who was called an idiotic troll by him, if probably be inclined not to post again to the site, especially if the behavior goes on unchecked. For the rest of us, we know that that is just him.I think there is a big difference between members...
Considering that this is a thread talking about posting guidelines, it is definitely the right place to make said comment rather than in a thread about a story on the front page. I only made the comment because it seems particularly suited to the type of commentary that comes from said member.It's very deflating to enter a thread, make a legitimate comment, and then get called a stupid idiot over and over. And then to see other members, who aren't attempting to troll, be...
I don't think that there is any question that Apple makes the most powerful ARM processors out there for mobile devices, but is it fair to say that Apple is the reason for Intel's piss-poor state in mobile chips? Android smartphones have something like 80 percent of the global smartphone market, and they're all running "Other" ARM processors from Qualcomm, MediaTek, etc.   Even if Intel supplied ALL of Apple's mobile processors, there is still a VAST untapped market from...