or Connect

Posts by Mazda 3s

Aren't IDC and Gartners numbers and analysis routinely panned here by AI's editorial staff, yet here this report is being taking a face value because it makes a great headline to pick on Amazon. Can't have it both ways...
 That makes sense. What I don't understand though (and I guess what frustrates me with DED's articles putting down the competition) is that the market is big enough for a number of players. Apple makes great high-end chips, as does Qualcomm. Qualcomm also makes mid- to low-end chips to cater to lower price points that Apple doesn't want to mess with. And that's fine, not everyone needs to drive around in a Porsche for Porsche money when a VW will do. I prefer my iPhone 6,...
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the slant of this article.http://www.cnet.com/news/android-stays-unbeatable-in-smartphone-market-for-now/If Android phones make up 84% of the smartphone market, and Qualcomm chips seem to be in the vast majority of those devices, they're still selling a s**tload more chips than Apple, right?
I should have said water resistant. But in simple terms, I mean that I can go swim some laps, splash in the pool with my kid, or go out in the ocean with my Pulsar Sonar or a Withings Activite Pop. I can't do that with an Apple Watch AFAIK.
 Which is what diminishes its usefulness for me. I just don't see the point in spending $350 or more on another device that has to be so closely tethered to your always-with you smartphone to use its best features. My iPhone 6 is always in my pocket when I'm out and about, and sitting on my desk when I'm stationary. So I can always view my notifications instantly (yeah, I'm also the guy that takes his phone when sitting on the crapper ). Even when I'm driving, I usually...
That being said, how can it be aimed at fitness buffs and not be waterproof?
See, that is just an inconvenience to me. I rarely take off my current watch (it's a 13-year old Pulsar Solar) and I've never had to change the battery or wind it because... well, it's solar powered. Call me a creature of habit, but a watch with a 8-month battery life (sorry, I said one-year in the previous post) that still gives me fitness/sleep tracking capabilities is a more suitable replacement for me than a smartwatch that needs my iPhone to do anything but tell time...
Hope they can throw in some more battery tweaks between now and then. I know that charging nightly shouldn't be a chore, but I want a device that monitors my sleep patterns and I can't do that if the damn thing is charging on the nightstand.   I'm seriously considering getting a Withings Activitie Pop; it would only set me back $150 and has a battery that lasts a year.
Holy crap!
AI really needs to do something about these ads that hijack your browser. I clicked this story using my iPhone 6 and was automatically transported to some portal site which then took me to the App Store for me to purchase Madden NFL Mobile.