or Connect

Posts by Mazda 3s

Wow, you've got me all figured out, don't you. You seem a bit judgemental and peeved that someone thinks differently from you For your information, I value my battery life and I disable stuff I don't need. I rarely use the GPS, so I keep it disabled. No need for it sucking up battery life. If I do need to reenable it, I have easy access to it. Same for WiFi. I was at the beach this past weekend. Not a WiFi router in sight -- no need to have WiFi on. A quick swipe and it's...
I hope that iPhone OS 4.0 will allow us to QUICKLY enable/disable Bluetooth/3G/WiFi/GPS, etc. Right now, it's pretty cumbersome just to enable/disable a few items -- you have to go dig through the options pages. That's one of the reasons why I jailbreak (in addition to tethering). With Sbsettings, I have quick access to all connectivity options with a simple swipe across the top bar:
Let me ask you this. Do you carry your phone everywhere with you now? I mean, do you keep your phone in your pocket all day? If you do, you probably don't even think about.Now think about all the phone usage scenarios with a 10" tablet...
How? Can I print properly formated spreadsheets, webpages, word documents, PDF files, etc from it? Can I hook it up to a larger monitor without the need for a dongle? Can I plug in an SD card without needing another dongle? Can I plug my Nikon D60 in without needing a dongle? Can I scan in documents using my wireless AIW printer? Can I run Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux, or the full OS X with an iPad?Let's not kid ourselves here. The iPad can be a netbook...
I'm sorry, but I think it IS rather dumb. Why would you want to carry around a 10" tablet all day and use it as your primary phone?You going to carry it in a man purse? Sure, you can use a Bluetooth headset with it, but you've still got to deal with its bulk whereas an iPhone fits in your pocket.
Who the hell wants to carry around a 1.5-pound, 10" tablet all day to make phone calls? Are these people idiots? What is this, 1985? It's not made to replace an iPhone and never was designed to.
I wonder if Apple will release iPhone OS 4.0 for the iPad and iPhone/iPod touch at the same time? It seems that it would make sense to align the releases from here on out.
I understand the screen real estate part, but that's what my MBP is for I see no need for THREE devices. Maybe if you're a "light" productivity person, you could get away with it. But for someone that already has a notebook and a smartphone, I'm still scratching my head. I mean, I'm going to need a carrying case or throw the iPad in a bag if I travel with it -- hell, might as well use my MBP instead.
You see, with the exception of iWorks and Netflix (which is coming to the iPhone soon), I can do all of that stuff on my iPhone + it fits in my pocket. THAT is why I'm having trouble seeing the need to spend another $500 (and most of us have iPhones or iPod touches anyway). But to each his own
I'm still not convinced on the iPad. I'm sitting right now on the beach typing away on my 3GS. I just finished reading AnandTech's Nexus One review, and I'm getting ready to read his iPad article. My 13" MacBook Pro is back at the cottage -- since this was a "working" vacation, I was using my MBP tethered by Bluetooth to my 3GS for Internet. Hence my dilema; the iPad fits nowhere into my usage scenarios. If I'm on the go, my iPhone fits in my pocket and does music,...