or Connect

Posts by FreeRange

Brilliantly said! Well done!
What total bullshit! FCP X is in fact an entirely new paradigm in video editing with extremely powerful and innovative features, and as a v1 iteration has an extremely bright future. The "missing" features will quickly be added. Yes, Apple did a poor job of launching this new product, but the industry still has the old version to use while waiting for the right features in the new one. Further, the biggest single complaint is that it is not backwards compatible. Wake up!...
Well said! I have been an Apple user since buying my first mac in 1984. Taking it to my office as my work computer to the chuckles of the techtards in our company. I remember a trio of wintel geeks telling me at the time that the Mac UI was no big deal, that they could easily build such a user interface for their DOS machines. Laughable - 11 years later was MSFT's lame response. Steve, through his genius and insight, has driven unparalleled innovation in the PC, music,...
MSFT is a company run by fools. The only way they seem to succeed these days is to buy off developers - with the Xbox, .net and mobile. Thankfully they have now become irrelevant in the mobile space and hopefully will stay that way.
The value of something you give away for free is "0". Samsung finally figured out the percieved value of their tab.
The marketplace is littered with fools like HP. Making bad business decisions and cutting their prices so thin they can barely make money. Of course, that has been the PC model for decades. Keep it up boys... you're brilliant and oh so innovative...
You make an excellent point which calls for a clearer definition of what constitutes a troll. No one would accuse universities or ARM of being patent trolls. A troll neither invents the technology, nor produces anything. The two examples you give clearly invent IP and then in good faith go out to the market to put those inventions into production through third parties. As far as saying software should not be patentable, although there are abuses and the system could be...
Try to get yourself an education. You are making yourself look very foolish. Apple had no problem paying fair market value licensing fees to Nokia. The problem was that Nokia was trying to extort excessive fees from Apple over and above fair market prices established under Nokia's prior written commitments in the fair exchange agreements it has within the tech community, and the much lower licensing fees for these same technologies it already had with other tech companies....
You have it absolutely wrong. Its not the "abomination of software patents" but the proliferation of patent trolls that is the key problem with the patent system. And it looks like these clowns at OSS are yet another example of a company that produces nothing and tries to extort by suing.
Google IS the new evil. Bring it on Google - they're ready and able to put you in you place and show what you truly are - a simple, slimy, knowing thief of others IP.