or Connect

Posts by FreeRange

Google's lawyers state, and I quote, "A patent isn’t innovation. It’s the right to block someone else from innovating." Did these guys actually go to law school and are they licensed to practice law? They've got to be kidding. A patent is for the protection of innovation - of unique and innovative ideas - and to prevent others from stealing those ideas. If google wants to innovate, then they need to invent, not steal. Google is THE new evil.
Google proves itself once again to be THE new evil. They have borrowed (stolen) IP heavily from others, given it away for free, and then cry out that they are innovating and that its all about open source. The company is perpetuating a huge scam and myth when it comes to android, all the while harvesting our personal data without compensating us for it, and selling it's use to others for BILLIONS through their advertising model.
I love it when google calls stealing others IP and giving it away for free "innovation".
Google is the new evil. They take all of our our data without our permission or compensation and sell it making billions. Then they release software that contains significant amounts of stolen IP and give it away for free so they can make even more money off our data. And now their powerful lobbyists are pressuring the government to overturn the sale, or severely restrict the buyers from enforcing their ownership rights. All the while claiming "open source" - the web...
Oh clueless wonder. Apple puts significant amounts of money and energy into R&D. Just because they don't spend as much as MSFT doesn't mean anything. Apple just happens to be much more efficient and focused than those floating turds. And as to your ridiculous comment about "apple runs the risk of pushing patent issues to center stage", you must be kidding. Apple is now the most sued company on the planet. Patent reform would clearly benefit them as patent reform would be...
Interestingly Apple TV is not even available in all major markets. Especially China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Singapore, etc. It would most certainly be popular with current customers. When people visit my home in China and I demonstrate my US purchased ATV to them they are blown away and immediately want one.
Sadly you seem to equate all "infringement" claims as valid. This is far from the case. Many of the suits brought against apple are from patent trolls who shop the courts for the most favorable venue. Most often, settlements are due to several factors: 1. It is far less costly to just settle. To defend your actions can cost far more than the cost of settling. (Nuisance suits.) 2. It is a negotiation ploy to use the IP without a license as the holder is trying to extort...
FK them! No way Apple! Stick it to them and show them that free isn't so free! Google is the new evil.
Please Apple, buy Adobe and gut the pig! Clean out the top management (an oxymoron at adobe), and whip the programers into a frenzy of making adobe products easy to use, and OS X compliant. And at the same time, put windoze development on the back burner. This company is grossly mismanaged.
Get your head out of your rectum. The point is that the OS has been available to developers for a long time now and Adobe could have been working on updates that would be available upon release if they had put the necessary resources behind it. And as to your comments about Adobe in the 90's, it is in fact Adobe that was screwing over apple at the time by shifting focus to the inferior and seriously flawed wintel platform after they built their company on Apple's back.