or Connect

Posts by FreeRange

What nonsense. Of course they will otherwise why would they be putting so much effort into a much more powerful software offering. I'm sure their competitors are loving feeding this FUD.
Only if they were idiots. They still had their existing tools to work with while they waited for the additional enhancements.
Wonderful! This will be great for those of us who aren't even in school but interested in a particular subject. Hopefully Apple's efforts will make a big change, and different model in higher education as well - specifically in the pricing of text books. My daughter just went back for an advanced degree and it is costing her on average about $300 per class for text books which is outrageous. The democratization of knowledge can be a powerful tool.
So profiteering is a bad thing? And where do you draw the line? How about the November issue of Fortune designed to sell more magazines?Here is the headline and also had a full cover photo of Steve:Steve Jobs: The biography ... his rivalry with BillSteve and Bill were the ultimate frenemies. In this exclusive excerpt from his new book, Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson shows how their relationship evolved from a contentious disdain to a grudging respect.Steve and meFortune...
So it's not profiteering for book publishers of unauthorized biographies, or magazine publishers to use Jobs image on covers to sell more units? Or for websites to use his name and photo to get more clicks and page views to generate more advertising revenue? Or to put together a special magazine issue of a compilation of all Jobs related articles from the past? Hmmm. Seems like a rather nonsensical argument.
[insult removed]
Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRange Quote: Originally Posted by Drax7 Apple is the most important company in the USA. I beg to differ with you but YES they are. My retirement fund tells me so... And name one other US company that has has such a huge impact around the world. [insult removed]
Quote:Originally Posted by Drax7 Apple is the most important company in the USA.I beg to differ with you but YES they are. My retirement fund tells me so... And name one other US company that has has such a huge impact around the world.
Well aren't you the genius we should all be listening to. How wrong could you possibly be? Try to get yourself a good education... The 4s will soon have mandarin support for Siri so that is a non-issue. Further, the 4s has significantly faster processing power, a much better camera (something used frequently here in China as it is elsewhere in the world), a redesigned antenna for better reception, etc. So just because it has the same form factor, doesn't matter one single...
Because they don't know any better of course... wait until they see that they have no resell value, or that they can't update to the latest OS because their phone can't handle it, etc. etc. etc.