or Connect

Posts by ghostface147

I haven't bought a new iPod in several years. If one dies, i get on ebay and get on old one a few generations back. Works fine for me.
Yes you are correct. They changed the signal meter in that model. I think that was because of the way the phone interpreted 3G signals compared to EDGE.
That makes sense, but I disagree in some instances. What about the people who drop all the way down to no service? Are you saying that this fix will give them service when it can't latch onto a signal? You are right, it will be more accurate. Instead of 5 bars, I may now show 3. For people who understand how reception works, they'll be fine because they understand the bars really lie anyways. But when most of the buyers out there aren't really technical (soccer mom),...
So basically they are saying that they're going to update your phone to tell you that your reception is worse than it really is, bar wise. This doesn't fix anything. This isn't going to fix the people who live in lower reception areas from losing service completely or drop low enough to drop calls, where their previous iPhones or whatever they used works fine. This is just smoke and mirrors. They also need to address the proximity sensor, although I think they are...
The display is top notch. The 3GS and below are just horrible now.
Do you want to borrow mine? It works fine, reception wise.
You mentioned in the past, but Verizon doesn't seem to do that anymore. I can't think of any new smartphone they have that is crippled. How you define crippled is up to you.
Well if you jailbreak the phone, you can write anything you want where the carrier name shows up. It's not hard to do. I could write PrimeCo if I wanted to. Granted that pic is of an i4, but I don't ever trust a pic like that. The only proof is when it's actually announced.
Hiring antenna peeps? For what? Hmmm....
And what do you consider not ending well? Will the company fall to the bottom of the ocean? Will their stock drop 200 bucks? I think Apple will get past this. They will take their punches, but they'll be fine overall. The voices of the unhappy will always be louder than those who are satisfied. I get the reception issue from time to time, but it never affects my ability to maintain a call or make one. My co-worker has made fun of the issues Apple is having, but...