or Connect

Posts by elliots11

Web connected cameras in my house watching my living room or bedroom bothers me, walking around with a microphone in my pocket also bothers me.  One of those is less optional and more beneficial than the other.  One constantly switches networks where the other is pretty constant.  Would I prefer a Smartphone with fewer sensors like GPS and whatnot?  Absolutely, but it's impractical. If you two think that it's totally fine to put a web connected camera in your house and...
The idea of a camera in the living room is a non-starter. Anyone who believes they can block the NSA or a hacker or whoever from accessing it indefinitely is living in a fantasy world. I love technology, but this is where I draw the line.
The calendar thing is huge, I love split view and missed it.  Glad they brought it back.  I'll probably do this update pretty quick instead of waiting on bug reports just to get that.  Hopefully they added back the ability to see a pic when you're on a call as well, I used that for info sometimes.
Can't put a second hard drive in a rMBP. Guess I'm buying used or refurb.
iPad Air has to be a way to differentiate the product for the future. I'd expect some sort of extra integration with OS X down the line, and a Pro model.
I just don't see a convertible tablet / notebook coming out of Apple. I can't imagine how they'd execute that idea in a high quality way. If I have a built in physical keyboard all the time, wouldn't I just want OS X? Could ios be modded so that it were more OS X like, like had a cursor and multiple windows? To me the coolest way to physically do it would be a Smart Cover that looks and feels just like it does now, but that had a keyboard that was soft to the touch, but on...
If the Apple TV extended wifi like the Airport Express, that'd be an awesome little product. I really like the AE, but I've had one die and one acts spotty, this is after 2 years, and they run hot. I hope the new one dissipates heat a little better so it doesn't cook. Some things could use a vent.
If I didn't want more internal storage options, I'd be all over that. If only there could be some kind of ejectable 2.5" drive slot for a second drive or a big, somehow magically cheap, big stick of flash memory or something.  I know it'll never happen, but that'd be great. And I know the non-retinas can do that, but I dig that screen.
I don't want to be recorded by someone I'm having a conversation with. Plus these look dorky, even in black. If you use these socially, you can expect to become a lot less popular. I can see professional uses, but the violation of privacy you get when wearing these is just too much. That said, I like that they're trying new things, and I hope that good things do come out of this.
Don't care for the look, but is it perhaps a design that hides antennae that would otherwise be external? My only guess as to why they'd do this. That and heat dissipation which was also an issue.