or Connect

Posts by Dlux

Wow - this site has devolved into an echo chamber. I can't recall seeing a more insecure group of flamers in the almost-three decades that I've been using Apple products. Have fun pouncing on even the slightest non-Apple advocacy that someone might dare post in your precious comment section. And don't forget to pounce on this post as well, as it will surely strengthen your arguments. (leaves AI in disgust)
What's missing from this report is which carriers the companies are available on. The largest carrier in China uses a proprietary radio technology which Apple does not (yet) support, whereas Samsung might. There is talk that the next generation of Qualcomm chips will enable this, and that Apple will use the chip in the next iPhone revision. I'd like to see these numbers with a breakdown by carrier. Also bear in mind that China has over a BILLION (Dr. Evil) people, so...
Sure thing, Verizon, I'll back up my files on your network. And then discover that I can't retrieve them when needed because it will exceed your bandwidth caps…
And he also sailed through the dot-com bust without breaking a sweat.Buffett and Bill Gates are good friends (bridge partners, even), yet Warren doesn't own any Microsoft stock (that I know of). That should tell you something about his sticking to his investment principles.
Technically I am also an agnostic. I also label myself a humanist. But I have adopted the label atheist for two reasons. One is to help reclaim the word and give it proper meaning (A-theistic) and encourage other fence-sitters to not be afraid of the label. The other is politically-motivated. Theism is what's being asserted here - it's so pervasive in the US that people don't even question the beliefs that have been, in most cases, placed upon them by their parents and...
Atheism is a belief system like 'Off' is a TV channel.I'm not going to go down a semantic rat hole with you. If you want to bend the meaning of 'belief' to include everything that cannot be proven (including gravity and mathematical axioms), then you win. What an original argument.
Here we go Atheism is the lack of theism. We don't believe in Zeus. We don't believe in leprechauns. We don't believe in astrology. We don't believe in superstition.We live normal lives informed by reason and critical thinking. If someone else wants to insert a belief in god into it then that is entirely their own doing, not the doing of atheists.In short, we have no supernatural "belief system" that needs to be proved or disproved. You're the one who brought it up.
The president doesn't have to use a Bible, but they do it out of blind tradition.I'm looking forward to elected officials who decline using the Bible and instead use a copy of the Constitution. And then see who complains...
Actually, Wall Streets wildest expectations have proven to be pretty wild indeed. They expect Apple to drop the price of everything to free to capture 110% of the marketshare while increasing profits 500% every two weeks, all while paying dividends and, well, simply handing cash over to Wall Street institutional traders just because.
I don't use the optical a lot, but I also don't like the idea of add-on external solutions for everything. That diminishes the point behind an "all-in-one" machine.Which, at this point, may not be too far off the mark. I didn't have an urgent need to upgrade, but after evaluating the pros and cons of the newest machine I jumped on getting the refurb before they all dry up. I missed the opportunity to get the last version of the Mac Mini with an optical drive to use for a...