or Connect

Posts by Dlux

It's refreshing to read a press announcement that uses a down-to-earth tone and creative word choices. Not in the above bromide, mind you, but when one comes up it's still refreshing.
Let me guess - the application will feature a round icon with a musical note in it and be called "yTunes". The Samsung CEO will introduce it by including the complete catalog from 2U and the Peatles.
I have to say that after three years of casually following Gorilla Glass stories, I've learned more in this one thread than all the other articles to date. Thanks for the info.
That might be, unless the MTA was willing to let the restaurant coast along month-to-month at its present rent until the economy improves. (Too much missing information here to speculate further.)
So the real story here is that Metrazur restaurant had previously negotiated a much better deal! (Anyone know when they first moved in? Maybe it was so long ago that the rents were four times lower in general.)
I had never heard that the aluminum iMacs or Macbooks used it as well. I guess it was a pretty well-kept secret.
Well, iMacs and Macbooks were't using GG "since day 1". (The original iMacs used CRTs, remember?) But they are using it now? That sounds a little extravagant since they aren't intended for the same sort of unprotected knocking about that the mobile devices are. Certainly not the iMac. (Or maybe Gorilla Glass isn't all that expensive to make. I have no idea.)
I've seen the word 'jeep' applied to Land Rovers, Ford Broncos (the originals), and various european knock-offs. (In fact, that's a somewhat poor example since 'jeep' had indeed been used generically before it became a trade name used by Willys-Overland.)I certainly would not put it past ill-informed or outright sloppy analysts to use 'Gorilla Glass' as shorthand for 'tough glass'. Remember the discussion about Apple's control over CNC milling production and a reporter...
"Are those made from real Girl Scouts?"
The video cards, certainly. Of course, in some cases, they simply have to because developers depend on that knowledge. (The glass used on their mobile devices isn't in that category.) They also called out Bose for the 20th Anniversary Mac, and Adobe Postscript for their imaging/printing software. I agree, though, that the examples are rare. It always struck me as strange that Corning took out ads on the back covers of MacWorld magazine, obviously at great expense, without...