or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

I hope Apple isn't painting themselves into a corner with this move—especially if they really are going to have the 4.7" as the smallest premium phone. In my opinion, the actual real or potential iPhone customers (i.e., neither Fandroid trolls nor paid shills) who are so hot for larger screens that they would even consider switching to Android over it are a vanishingly small percentage—a..."rounding error", if you will. They are extremely loud and extremely annoying on...
What amuses me about this attitude on the part of Windoze fans (what an inconceivable concept!) is Darwin actually is open-source. You can download the kernel and build your own OS on top of it. (Of course, that might be too much like work, and if the "look and feel" was too much like OS X you might get a letter from somebody).Try to do that with the Windows NT kernel and see what happens! But Apple is a "Walled Garden".Hell, I think they should use that as a trademark:...
Can't be. That name is earmarked for the feature on the iWatch that monitors your bowel movements. (I'm anticipating the commercial for that with bated breath.)
Besides, Southwest Airlines bought Surfaces instead of iPads, so Apple is doooooomed! "IBM? Pfffhhtttt!"
I'm afraid the general public's reaction to this news (if they ever hear it) will be: "IBM is still in business? Surely not!" This will allow the tech media and the usual pundits to portray this as the innovation-challenged Apple tying itself to another dinosaur from the primeval swamp and going under together. This is probably the biggest news on the Apple front since Steve Jobs' return, but good luck selling that reality to the general-interest press.
This is very true. The fit young hipster yuppie demographic may be their iconic base, but it represents a very small part of their customers. I predict many will be put off by this kind of emphasis. (Like the 75-year-old lady who took our pictures with her iPhone at our July birthdays party today).Looking forward, how many even more disgusting bodily functions will the iWatch keep track of, and how lovingly will they be dwelt over in the commercials?
Thanks for the reference. I'm surprised I don't remember that, as I was in 5th and 6th grade in that era. Weird.ETA: Usually they're much better with the music. I liked the one where they were pouring the iPhone 5 out of molten gold to that...well, it sounded like a long-lost Canned Heat song, but I don't suppose it was.
I think they need to go back to TBWA, hat in hand. These latest ads are either boring as hell or incredibly obnoxious. If I hear that damn chicken fat ad one more time, I'm going to lose my freakin' mind.
"Turn-based" is a euphemism for "not full duplex", IOW "over-and-out" like a walkie-talkie, which was the basis of my comparison above. Problem is, we advanced beyond this in the 1880s—why bring it back? If you have anything to say to someone, why not call them and have a conversation?
I gotta call a Montoya on this one: I do not think that means what you think it means.