or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

I find it hard to believe that it's anything like 10% in use, just judging by my experience on the bus every day. You have one Gomer up front (These are always the guys who hog the front seats—correlation or causation?) who pulls out a huge slab and holds it up to his head vs. 30 or 40 people rolling their eyes and exchanging smirks behind their back. So my guess is 2-3% at best.
Could be, I don't have my iWatch on to check.... A lot of the sites I regularly visit are infected with exceptionally virulent strains of Javascript, what can I tell you? Once we've killed Flash, maybe we can take on Javascript next?
It's the little thumbs-up symbol next to the quote and multiquote buttons. Unfortunately, if you have Javascript disabled, which I do 99% of the time, it doesn't work.
I can only go by my own observation. I've seen one NFC payment terminal, maybe 6 or 8 years ago, in a Jack-in-the-Box, gathering dust. Never seen one used. If that was the initial surge, I'd say the decline is pretty much over by now. I've never understood how sliding a card through a slot was such a hardship.
It's not my spell checking software, it's my sticky keyboard, which doesn't seem to like double letters lately, but thanks for your condescension. NFC is still a technology whose day has gone without ever arriving.
Disclaimer: I hate Android as much as he does.His declared position is that Apple products should be priced out of the range where those who don't deserve to have them can afford them. He's probably working from that list conservatives have been shopping around for years: "It's scandalous that in America poor people have..." and then there's a whole laundry list of items like "color TVs" (Where would you buy a black-and-white TV exactly?), and refrigerators, which shows...
Whenever it's pointed out that NFC is a technology whose day has come and gone (without coming really), somebody always jumps in with "Yeah, but, yeah, but...JAPAN!" (Apalling.) Japan is famous for jumping on technological bandwagons before they're ready for prime time just to look like leaders instead of the followers they've always been. They jumped on analog HDTV, remember—which took such horrendous amounts of bandwidth that they had to launch a dedicated satellite that...
As for solar, remember one of the first digital watches was the SunWatch (I've looked and looked, but I can't find anything about it online, but I remember reading about it at the time.) Everything was embedded in a solid block of acrylic, and the whole top (what you'd call the face) was a solar cell, and the LED readout (before LCDs remember) was in the side. With the solar cell, you didn't need to push a button to see the time, like all the others. (It also had buttons...
I'm looking at the sequence of pictures we've seen.First there was a drawing showing the camera lens standing .77mm above the metal surface it emerged from. That's when everybody started hyperventilating about it "protruding" from the back of the phone.Then we saw an actual picture of the naked metal backshell, and clearly saw that this area at the top and bottom is recessed below the main area of the back. That should have put an end to this meme about the lens...
I don't understand these guys who come on here and say that if they're not interested in a product, it doesn't deserve to exist.I sincerely doubt if I'll be interested in this for myself, but if they come up with something that's popular and successful, that's great. It's the same with the iPad—I'd be using it as a reader 99% of the time, and without a file structure, it's absolutely worthless to me for that. I'm still glad it's enjoyed success, and I can certainly see a...