or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

That's the best-known example of paid trolling. I'm just wondering if Gatorguy is making more than that.
So does Googlesung pay more than the 20¢ per post that the Koch Brothers pay to troll liberal blogs? If not, 9633 posts in 37 months only comes to ~$52/month. Not much of a career.
Barring a complete breakthrough in camera technology, like near-field optics (which no rumors, even, have discussed), or violating the laws of physics in regular camera technology, the iPhone is as thin as it can get already (if not thinner).
Exactly. If the battery lasts all day, that's all people care about. If it's not going to last two full days—and I don't see this in the foreseeable future—it will make absolutely no difference to people. Of course, spec hounds would crow if the battery's rated for 2 hours longer than you're going to need, but since most spec hounds are Fandroids and Android can't deliver that, that doesn't apply.
And he/she was certainly male on Mac 360—or at least his/her avatar was.Edit: I would prove it, but after they dropped the forums, you could still read the old comments in the archive. Not any more, it seems.
It also depends on what's important to you. I'm lower-middle class (to be charitable). I don't mind living in a small apartment. My car is a rusty piece of junk that will probably get me to the grocery store every week or two for years to come, but I use public transit for everything else.On the other hand, I have a kick-ass stereo system that I wouldn't give up for any amount of money, since 128,000 bps noise has replaced CD-quality and 9% THD+noise is the new normal...
Anyway, to continue musing, I can't see Apple building an integrated TV set like Gene Munster appears to be pining for. The price of the display is going to keep plummeting (of course, quality will plummet, too—that's what always happens), making people willing to pay less and less for a TV. At the same time, even if you have to accommodate 4K (at 60 Hz for 3D—why not!), a very low-end processor is perfectly capable of dealing with that. There would be no need for hardware...
I don't think this would be confusing for the kind of non-techie people you mention, because we were all used to the signal going through the VCR and making sure the TV/VCR setting was correct for many years. The kids too young to remember that would get used to it quickly, I think.Of course then there's always the demographic whose VCR's clock kept blinking "12:00" because they couldn't figure out how to set it. I see them resisting any new distribution system.
Aren't these the kind of Intel "Atom" processors that made netbooks such a miserable experience? I'm sorry, I simply don't believe anything Intel says on this subject. I'm pretty sure an A8 would outperform any crippled bottom-of-the-line Intel device. Hey, for the price of that Haswell processor, they could build a laptop with a 32-core (16 A8s) CPU, with money to spare!