or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

I haven't been reading the comments here for a couple of years, because the Android shill infestation became intolerable, but I thought I'd check back to see how they squeal about this issue. I guess things haven't changed much. The only reason I'm adding a comment is to register my surprise that there are people depending on these kind of phone apps for mission-critical directions. Surely that's hyperbole? "Smart" phones and similar techno-toys are just that—toys....
I think this article, if it's not complete BS, is a misunderstanding. That said, Apple could include the ARM architecture in their computers in an advantageous way. In fact, there were rumors two or three years ago that may have been just premature. The trackpad on Mac laptops (and the transition to trackpads on the iMac has begun as well) is already basically an iDevice screen with no display behind it. Well, put a display and an A5 processor behind it. How much...
Oh, God! Another matte-screen complainathon! I wish Apple would offer the option, just to forestall these discussions at every new product announcement. At least most of the complaints this time are from people bothered by reflections, which are a real thing. The usual ticket is "True Professionals™ can't possibly do Real Work™ on a computer screen unless it's covered in cheesecloth." I assume the "Glossy screens are for idiots" guy was the only one of those in this...
Oh, I'm going to stop replying all right, since you are quite obviously completely demented. You've blocked out how you went on and on and on and ON about this article you found about Steve Jobs' personal life, and how this somehow had some bearing on Apple's originality or business practices or...I don't know, I can't put myself into the kind of mindset that would obsess about this kind of crap. The only way you could possibly "prove me wrong" with that article is if, in...
So your rabid, frothing hatred of Steve Jobs, which seems to have driven you quite literally insane, hasn't led you to avoid Apple products? What is that, cognitive dissonance at work? If my reading some soap opera crap about somebody's personal life had caused me to lose my mind to the extent that it has you, I certainly wouldn't buy any of his company's products.
Brain can only handle one topic at a time, Bunky? The answer to your question is nothing. However, your obsession with tabloid gossip about Steve Jobs' personal life and your rabid insistence that I must care about it as much as you do—I just MUST—has dominated your posts, so that's what I was referring to. What does the Xerox Star have to do with anything again? As far as I know it was just an internal prototype at Xerox, but if they tried to sell it to the public, it...
The FTC really ought to look into people calling these phosphor-coated LEDs "LED lights". An LED light should be a combination of red, green, and blue LEDs that add up to (some color temperature of) white. These phospor-coated things are fluorescent lights excited by a blue LED instead of a mercury-vapor tube, and therefore no more efficient than fluorescent and just as subject to "tired phosphor" longevity issues. False advertising, in my opinion.
You have me mixed up with jfanning. All I'm objecting to is his/her absolute insistence that I must care about Steve Jobs' personal life—I just must, because he/she does so desperately. I'm seriously trying to understand the pathology here. And also why someone comes on a forum dedicated to a company they hate, run by a guy they hate, and dumps thousands of comments full of FUD and crap. Does any Apple fan do the same on any Windows or Android forum? (Assuming they exist.)
Can't point out a single thing I said that wasn't true, huh? ALL I've said is that I don't give a crap about these stories that seem to be so important to you. Do you really think I'm desperately concerned about them and merely lying about my attitude? You must truly be insane. What you should be asking yourself is WHY you care so much about irrelevant crap. I feel much more guilty about buying HP products, given Packard's political affiliations, and I DO for a fact...
Again, just because you seem to care about anecdotes about some guy's personal life to the point where they make you want to boycott his company, that's you. I've listened to "the truth", as you insist on it. It may BE true—I don't care!! Are you telling me I'm lying when I say I don't care? Are you really that far gone?