or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

You notice in all the promotional pictures they show the backs of the gold and silver phones and the front of the space gray ones. The pictures with it lying on its back, with no visible division between the screen and the bezels and all solid black when the display is off—that is absolutely gorgeous. I don't know why anybody would want white glass as trim—they should offer the black with all metal choices. Well, I don't give a damn what the back looks like anyway—bring...
I think digital image stabilization is taking a hit in peoples' minds because they see the word "digital" and they immediately think of digital zoom—which sucks donkey balls compared with optical zoom. The difference is nowhere near as great between digital and optical image stabilization. It would be if the camera sensor were continuous, but it's not. (Neither was film, for that matter—it was divided into grains. Difference being, you know exactly where the pixels on an...
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Remember in the iP 3GS days, when everybody was all agog about the curved molded plastic back being replaced with sintered alumina? Now it's crystalline alumina screens. Alumina is the new unicorn fur.If Apple ever does come out with a "sapphire" screen, they should call it "ruby" instead and charge an arm and a leg for it. Why not*? It has as much chromium in it as it does titanium (zero, in both cases).*Well yes, I know why...
One full day's use is all one could reasonably expect with current battery technology. (Of course, the Pebble gets more by using an eInk display and a lot fewer functions.) Really, suppose an Watch had two full days usage? How many nights would you say to yourself: "Let's see...did I charge it last night? I can't remember. Guess I better put it on the charger to make sure...." To me, the next milestone after "All Day" is "All Week", but that's just not in the cards.
As many times as this has been discussed, I can't believe people are still coming on here with: "Is there a left-handed version?" "Apple is alienating left-handers!" Cripes, this has been dealt with ad nauseam! The display can be inverted in Settings. The strap can be put on the other way! (And uniquely easily, too—no springbars!) The real question is: Why do people jump on this as a unique failure on Apple's part? Isn't this the only watch in the freakin' world that you...
Watch. Shift-Option-K. Gotta remember that. Shift-Option-K, Shift-Option-K....
He apparently gets paid double for telling the same lies in two different threads. So according to him, this is just hogwash:
Do you get paid double for telling the same lies in two different threads?
Seriously—it's frightening to think these animals are out in public, wandering around without a keeper. I honestly think most of them are mentally disturbed.The thing is, 20 years or so ago, all the misfits and proud-to-be-outsiders like this were rabid Apple fans! (Maybe some of the same people? Though it's hard to believe that adults could act this way.) It's like Apple has committed the most horrendous sin in the calendar by becoming successful and no longer being the...
As I said, 750/1080 is 25/36. Worse yet, 1334/1920 is .694791666... IOW, not a single pixel that you bought and paid for will be displayed as is. Now I'd love to be proven wrong, and discover that Apple has some miraculous, and mathematics-violating, GPU or algorithm that will make this OK, but I've seen too many pretty expensive TVs that did a lousy job even of scaling 480 to 1080, and that's only 9/4. And I still remember the 12 or 24 prominent stripes across the screen...