or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

What I can't understand about the iPhone 6 (as opposed to the 6+) is this bizarre, oddball screen resolution. 1334 x 750? WTF? 1280 x 720 would have been much better. Nobody would be able to tell the difference with the UI and apps and web-browsing, but a lot of people watch videos on their phones. What you want are small denominators. A 720-line screen would show a 480p video blown up 3/2, 720p 1/1 of course, and 1080p at 2/3. Ideal. 750/480 = 25/16. 750/720 = 25/24....
I didn't know what to expect—most of the commentary beforehand seemed to be leaning towards some medical device for invalids and senior citizens, which I thought would destroy Apple's cachet with their core demographic. I still think that. But now I'm blown away by the thought that's gone into this device. Just the tiny fraction of the functions that were demonstrated make it a totally new category compared with the lame-ass "smart" watches that have come out so far. And...
Well, apparently I was wrong about the camera. There appears to be a trim ring around the lens cover that stands out an infinitesimal amount from the surface—to keep the (sapphire?) from scraping, i guess. But I was certainly less wrong than those Russian and Chinese gomers who jammed the guts of a 5s into cobbled-together imitation iP6 cases. The 5s camera wouldn't fit, so they had it sticking way out from the back. Ludicrous on the face of it.
Is that what's wrong with the site? I went over there to see if they had pictures of the new iPhones and the top third of the screen is something invisible that the text disappears behind as you scroll down. Have to use your scroll wheel exclusively, using Page Down you lose the first half of your next bite of text. Really annoying.
It must be nice to not have to know the exact time, like many of you claim you don't. Well, I don't...now, but I spent many years taking the bus to work. I'd ride one downtown and then walk around the corner to catch an outbound bus, which was always on time because this was its second stop. If my inbound route was on time too, great. Sometimes we'd really run behind though, and if we were more than 5 or 6 minutes behind, I could jump out at one point and run a block over...
Where do you get this crap? The "media frenzy" is happening. Apple couldn't prevent it if they tried. There's no "behind the scenes". If Apple tried to "work it up" like everybody else does, it wouldn't exist.
What "PR"? Absolutely everything Apple has said is: "Wish we could say more." They can't be blamed for ABC's hyperbole.
I predict that Apple will use Jim Woodward's Mach Effect thrusters (PDF warning) to make a flying car, partnering with Tesla. This is what's hidden in the temporary building, and it will fly around during the presentation. The car will be powered by smaller thrusters on the end of arms, spinning and turning a generator. These power units will also be sold to provide free energy for your home. Warp drive and wormholes won't come till next year's announcement. Apple's stock...
I was thinking they could copy Intel's strategy with the 486: sell the 486SX cheaper than the DX because the math coprocessor is disabled. Then, if you wanted to upgrade your computer, and it was one of the ones with a coprocessor socket right next to the CPU socket (which you also paid extra for), they'd sell you a "487" math coprocessor, which was just a 486DX. You'd plug it in, and it would disable your original CPU and take over its function.(Can you tell I don't like...
No, I'm referring to Porsche KG, the firm of consulting engineers that probably designed the valve train in that Korean car that only brags that it was "styled by Giugiaro". They also incidentally design cars, which are built by independent coachbuilders such as Karmann.