or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

You're kidding, right? Anytime anybody starts talking about how many Apple products they own, and how they like Apple in general, but.... you know you're dealing with a lying troll, and most likely a paid shill. This kind of declaration is absolutely always a complete lie. It's troll tactic #1! Don't try to play innocent. Everybody knows that, and now they know for sure about you.
Well, reading the Wikipedia article, I realized I'd only read the revised 1939 version and not he 1904 one, and now I've got to try and find the 2001 revision of the Flynn novel, which I didn't know existed. We can all learn something every day. Unless we work for MicroSoft.
Well, I knew the "Country of the Blind" trope from reading the H.G. Wells story at an early age, but my favorite usage is in the Michael Flynn novel of the same name—kind of a reverse Difference Engine.
I'm reminded of the AIs in Dan Simmons' Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion who are using everyone's brains as additional computer power while they're passing through the matter transmitters.
Now if they sent some thugs door to door saying: "Give us $15 or we'll install Windows on your computer", they might make some money. I know I couldn't pay fast enough!
I'm sure Karen had nothing to do with the basic mechanical layout of the Bond Bug, just the styling—but honestly, 100 years ago there were plenty of 3-wheeled cars (Morgan was only one of the latest and most successful), but that's because they knew which end to put the single wheel on! These single-front-wheel abominations are waiting to capsize just sitting there.
Any time you see anybody use the phrase "think outside the box", don't even bother.... But seriously, this shotgun (fragmentation grenade would be a better metaphor) approach of Google's is going to fail, and fail huge! I can't even figure out what most of this crap is supposed to be. Google Glass is never going to catch on, at least until it's completely unobtrusive to the outside observer (surgically implanted?) Apparently there's a small but vocal market segment that...
I was talking about Dyson, genius. But yeah, making an interface that doesn't need some freak nerd-boy living in your pants to figure it out for you, is revolutionizing an industry. Happened 30 years ago. Sorry if you were thrown out of work.
So one company does the R&D to revolutionize an industry, some bottom-feeders blatantly copy them, and you "look forward" to buying the copy, because, really, how dare they be better?Tells us all we need to know about you.
You're living in a dream world. The press will cream their jeans over this "innovative technology", even if it takes an average of 20 swipes to work and sends actual pictures of your fingerprints to Google. Meanwhile, Apple "didn't invent fingerprint recognition", and how could anyone "trust Apple with their fingerprints" anyway?