or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

The first iMacs were tray-loaders. I had one. (Well, it's still around somewhere). They could read and burn CDs. A few could read and burn DVDs. Then two years later, the slot-loaders came out. I've had two of them. Both are stuck on Tiger, but still work fine as far as that goes. Both can read and burn CDs. Some (but neither one of mine) could at least read DVDs. So tray-loading vs. slot-loading has nothing to do with their disc-reading or -writing capabilities.
Just assume every spiel like that is cut-and-pasted from the Troll Handbook™. I just replace it with: "I've owned five of every Apple product since 1892, but seriously—when are they going to give us a two-button mouse, amirite?"
Oh, on the rare occasions I'm forced to use Windows, it's pretty exciting: "Will that vein in my forehead explode before I staple my eyes shut?"
So did Elon Musk get his money and get out? On the one hand, I would love to see PayPal die a painful death, on the other, I like what he's doing lately with Tesla and SpaceX. Well, except for the reinventing-the-wheel part with SpaceX, but at least they're doing something. I really don't want Jeff Bezos to take over that position, even if Blue Origin is based a mile down the road from me!
Oops! Typical American "assuming everybody with a German name is Jewish". Oh well!
And, I assume, Mark Wahlberg (The Artist Formerly Known as Marky Mark™)?
Where in the world have you found a Windows machine that boots in less than five minutes?
No, OS 9 was a very minor rewrite of OS 8, which allowed Apple to say that the licensing agreements with the clone makers only covered OS 8. This might have been slightly dishonest, but it saved the company.
Because the initial version in 10.10.0, to be followed by 10.10.1, etc. But nice try....
Here's my forecast: The Watch Edition will not be $5,000 or $10,000 like a lot of people are predicting. When Jony Ive said the Swiss watch industry is "fucked" what he meant was that Apple is going to refuse to play the game of charging $20,000 or $30,000 extra for $600 worth of gold. Well, maybe they'll charge $800 as a hedge against price increases. I'll bet that $1200 prediction is right on the money.