or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

Thanks for the input. I've tried Calibre for some of the easiest conversions (ePub to Kindle format for example). Unfortunately, a lot of the PDFs and all of the DjVus are scanned, not transcribed, so conversion isn't even an option.
OK, I'm sorry I brought up the whole reader thing as an aside. The point I meant to make was that the iP6+ is not an iPad Nano, as some people perceive it, but appears to be specialized as a very high-quality video appliance, and as jason98 pointed out, a quantum jump in handheld gaming. This is really something subtly different from what's come before, and use cases may settle out into unfamiliar patterns as people get used to it.
You should really try to learn what some of these terms mean before you publicly display your ignorance by trying to sound knowledgeable.Metal fatigue has nothing to do with ease of bending. Metal fatigue occurs when an item is flexed many, many times without plastic deformation, i.e. bending. The boundaries between crystal domains migrate so as to line up with the lines of maximum stress. Eventually there will be a line all or most of the way across the part that is all...
I didn't mean to come off whiny, anyway. It's really no hardship using a laptop. I can have all pages view full-width, so I can read from several feet away, without the reading part of my bifocals—It's really kind of luxurious.Converting all of these things with something like Calibre—eek. That would take forever, if it worked at all. I've had bad luck with anything other than .epub to .mobi or vice-versa.I still have an old Kindle if I want to take a few things with me. I...
OK, let's change it to "I hadn't appreciated yet."And you're right about gaming. I didn't think about that because like George Costanza, the last video game I played was probably Frogger. Hi-Def 60 fps video, with Metal to make the best use of the GPU, coupled with the large screen, could revolutionize the handheld gaming experience.
Because I've downloaded over 10,000 items (not all book length) in four different formats—HTML, PDF, DjVu, and ePub, to the tune of 48 GB so far. I don't want to rename all my files to fit in a flat file and then page through 500 screens trying to find what I want.Actually, it's worse than that. In iOS, I'd have to remember what format something was in, call up that application (except no DjVu, I imagine), and then page through hundreds of screens—you can't just click on a...
People are right who say that the 6+ is not an iPad replacement. I really wanted an iPad, but could never justify it, because I'd want to use it as a reader, and the lack of a file structure makes that impossible, so I still need a laptop. Going to be very interested in this rumored 12" fanless, clickless MBA if it transpires. Calling the move from 3.5" to 4" a "size increase" is just wrong. It was an aspect ratio change. I always said it was a mistake because 16:9 is...
Isn't he the same guy that hacked Sheldon Cooper's Dungeons & Dragons account and stole all his stuff? If so, we know his address....
It's not a lie. A bunch of moronic Fandroids saying "Nuh-uh!" enough times doesn't negate anything. That was the origin of the huge-ass smartphone. Your 4-inch Android phone had longer battery life because it was a low-tier model that simply does a lot less than Samsung's throw-everything-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks "premium" models.You really need to get back on your meds, because you are completely mental at the moment.
Benjamin Frost's fixation on the digital crown is laughable. I think this is the most brilliant part of the design. When Tim introduced it in the keynote, I heard an audible intake of breath from the audience, meaning "Of course! Why didn't anybody think of that before?" This is just one of the many signs that Apple is the only one to have put any real thought into what a "smartwatch" is—not just a pager for your cellphone.