or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

Just as a totally unsupported anthropological theory: While everywhere in the world the loudest voices we hear drowning out everyone else when it comes to any computer-related product (now including smartphones) belong to the über-techno-geeks (for whom nothing is ever good enough) perhaps in Japan people who don't know much about a subject tend systematically to keep their mouths shut about it it. Of course, lack of knowledge doesn't stop--well, Americans, to name one:...
I think it's entirely likely that the iPhone 3G, at this early stage of the game, does have more dropped calls and other problems than the other handsets that have been in the game much longer. Or maybe the users of other phones don't have forums like this to air their problems on. I don't know. There is one meme I've seen repeatedly on here, though, that I think needs to be corrected. Several posters have said something like: "I live in (pick a big city) so it can't be...
Well, since there's no way anyone could read any of your previous posts to verify what I said, I guess you showed me! Too bad they can't access your dozens of repetitious, insane rants against the MacBook Air, your theory that since it's smaller, it should be cheaper, and your hysterical attempts to paint it as a "flop" when it was their fastest-selling laptop. But anybody who feels that way about Dubya can't be all bad; just don't embarrass yourself by quoting Forbes...
All of his posts can be broken down into the following invariable points: 1) If I don't want to run right out and buy a product, then its very existence is a crime against nature. 2) Apple can do no right. 3) Every Apple product is a flop no matter how many units it sells. Just in the interest of saving time....
Perhaps you can help me, then: all these pesky cars in competition with each other! I keep looking over and looking over the spec sheets and I just cannot decide between the Kia Rio and the Lamborghini Murciélago! The competition is so close! I'm so confused! Oh wise one, please advise me!
I agree this process would take some thinking about. Like you say, it would be relatively easy in an Apple Store, but everybody else might have to wait for the end of AT&T's exclusive, so a new phone could be activated online. You'd have to prove you are who you say you are, but I think that's doable. The beauty is, your phone could be returned to the exact state of your old phone when you lost it, from the computer's HD. Maybe not everybody would use these security...
Yeah, that could definitely be an extra-cost option, if you wanted an iPhone service account. It could then serve as a 3G and Wi-Fi modem. Plus, I just thought about this: it could have a little firmware authentification chip built in (maybe including the key to decrypt your hard drive) so that if you found a laptop sitting around without it, it wouldn't even be worth stealing?
I like the idea of a multi-touch display acting as a trackpad, and working kind of like the little door some refrigerators have, with a few frequently-needed items in it so you don't have to open the big door all the time. What if, though...this trackpad just plugged into a recess on your computer, functioned like we've been talking about, but then if you snapped it out and took it with you, it's an iPod Touch? I'm not saying that's going to happen this soon, but that's a...
Amen! Having read almost all of the historical articles on Roughly Drafted, I can say that this characterization is the direct opposite of the truth. Even calling them "Apple biased" is buying into the right-wing radio/Fox News definition of "bias," where anybody telling the truth makes your side sound bad, so they must be "biassed." Of course, you can always use the tactic of insulting the bearer of bad news all over the internet, hoping that you can create doubt in the...
That's my opinion, too. Whatever this is, I think it's going to be big, and would leave me bellyaching if I had just bought a previous-generation machine. The small upgrades, I couldn't care less.That was really just a joke: I couldn't give less of a damn about games no matter how hard I tried. But...this general-purpose vector processor we've been talking about could revolutionize the situation in graphics. Of course, that's about all they've been used for in the past,...