or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

You Fandroids and your "widgets". Since you've probably never used an Apple device, I'll tell you that Tiger (OS X 10.4) came out with Dashboard 9 1/2 years ago. I've had it disabled since a week later. This is the most worthless idea ever conceived—I can't believe it's still hanging on in Mavericks! (Plese tell me it's gone in Yosemite?)
That's what Product RED is.
We had a Seinfeld quote earlier, which makes me think of "Morning Mist™".ETA: I would Love a Product RED one, though. I'm a sucker for red metallic—you should see my kitchen.
Completely off-topic, but: Does anybody make driver's watches any more? You know, with the much more concave back that fit on the side of your wrist so you don't have to twist your arm off the steering wheel to glance down and see the time?
Here's my prediction: When the second generation comes out, and it's thinner, with the same battery life, the same people who are saying this now will be screaming: "Form over function!", and "Apple needs to give up its obsession with thinness!"It's 11mm thick—right in the range of all its competition. Super-thin watches are a niche market of a niche market.
Somebody always comes up with this comparison between these insulting Samsung ads and the "I'm a Mac" ads. If you think you're a wit, you're half right.There is no resemblance whatsoever between the two. The "I'm a Mac" ads humorously pointed out some shortcomings in Windows, all of which were completely true. They never even mentioned Microsoft by name (Hell, they never mentioned Windows by name), much less imply that PC users were idiots or "sheep" for buying PCs. This...
Did anybody among all the people in this giant purpose-built hands-on area think of laying the phone on its back and trying to rock it? I ask because of the hyperventilating about the "protruding" camera lens ring. Of course it turned out to be much smaller than those Russian and Chinese crude mockups of the case, fabricated from blurry pictures, with 5s internals jammed into them indicated! I ask because in that last photo in the original post here, there look like...
You notice in all the promotional pictures they show the backs of the gold and silver phones and the front of the space gray ones. The pictures with it lying on its back, with no visible division between the screen and the bezels and all solid black when the display is off—that is absolutely gorgeous. I don't know why anybody would want white glass as trim—they should offer the black with all metal choices. Well, I don't give a damn what the back looks like anyway—bring...
I think digital image stabilization is taking a hit in peoples' minds because they see the word "digital" and they immediately think of digital zoom—which sucks donkey balls compared with optical zoom. The difference is nowhere near as great between digital and optical image stabilization. It would be if the camera sensor were continuous, but it's not. (Neither was film, for that matter—it was divided into grains. Difference being, you know exactly where the pixels on an...
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Remember in the iP 3GS days, when everybody was all agog about the curved molded plastic back being replaced with sintered alumina? Now it's crystalline alumina screens. Alumina is the new unicorn fur.If Apple ever does come out with a "sapphire" screen, they should call it "ruby" instead and charge an arm and a leg for it. Why not*? It has as much chromium in it as it does titanium (zero, in both cases).*Well yes, I know why...