or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

No, I'm referring to Porsche KG, the firm of consulting engineers that probably designed the valve train in that Korean car that only brags that it was "styled by Giugiaro". They also incidentally design cars, which are built by independent coachbuilders such as Karmann.
Oh, it'll work, on their usual clientele—once everybody knows what the real thing looks like. And remember, that's all most of them will know."Ours is half the price! And it has a quad-core processor!!"(Would it say "3 disabled to save power" even in the fine print?)
I think you're way too optimistic. He has 39 1/2 hours left!(Oops! Skipped a day! 62 hours now.)
I'm very much afraid that they would choose the latter, having no taste in such matters and not wanting to give any control (at least in matters of style) to Apple. But time will tell.
For the love of Mike— When some spammer dumps a gigabyte of crap on the page, don't quote the whole damn thing!
This is an important point. Batteries nowadays—at least Apples built-in batteries—are just squishy bags. You could pull the band apart enough to put it on (flexible display?) and still have a large battery taking up most of the volume. Hell, it could have a bigger battery than the phone!ETA: I said a while back, about these "smartphone accessory" smartwatches: What if instead of that, the watch was the phone and the actual phone was just a dumb terminal for when you need a...
If you want something secure, I think the best would be an optical system—you put your thumb on the TouchID and hold the screen of the phone up under a little hood, where it flashes a barcode for an infinitesimal moment. No radio signal, no eavesdropping. Of course, there are no terminals like that so—chicken-and-egg—but if I were designing a secure system, that's what I'd do.
Apple could wind up like Porsche. Most people don't realize that cars are a small sideline for them nowadays—and other people, like Karmann, actually build them anyway. (But they're never going to give up cars, any more than Apple will give up computers, so chill!)
What's so idiotic about this argument is that I know damn well most of these yobbos were running OS X 10.4.11 for some time. But there can't possibly be an OS X 10.10!
This is just going to enrage the Aspie-Nerd-Fandroid-Geek patrol even further. They are deeply, viscerally insulted that anyone could pay any attention to aesthetics, or ergonomics, or even choosing components so you're not wasting money on a higher spec for some part that can't be used because of the other parts in the chain. It's "Form over function" and "Arrogance" and "Elitism", and "Being left in the dust", because as we all know, "function" means having at least one...