or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

Any time you see anybody use the phrase "think outside the box", don't even bother.... But seriously, this shotgun (fragmentation grenade would be a better metaphor) approach of Google's is going to fail, and fail huge! I can't even figure out what most of this crap is supposed to be. Google Glass is never going to catch on, at least until it's completely unobtrusive to the outside observer (surgically implanted?) Apparently there's a small but vocal market segment that...
I was talking about Dyson, genius. But yeah, making an interface that doesn't need some freak nerd-boy living in your pants to figure it out for you, is revolutionizing an industry. Happened 30 years ago. Sorry if you were thrown out of work.
So one company does the R&D to revolutionize an industry, some bottom-feeders blatantly copy them, and you "look forward" to buying the copy, because, really, how dare they be better?Tells us all we need to know about you.
You're living in a dream world. The press will cream their jeans over this "innovative technology", even if it takes an average of 20 swipes to work and sends actual pictures of your fingerprints to Google. Meanwhile, Apple "didn't invent fingerprint recognition", and how could anyone "trust Apple with their fingerprints" anyway?
Android as we know it is a doubly-stolen product. Basic Android, that was going to run those bogus Blackberries that Rubin canceled at that point was stolen from Oracle, and the GUI that people think of as "Android" now was stolen from Apple. Incompetently in both cases. Unfortunately, Google being brought to book for either theft is somewhere between slim and none. They'll let hardware manufacturers take the heat on patent infringement.
"Amorphous SiC"Silicon Carbide is not a metal, it's a ceramic. An amorphous ceramic, an insulator, would be transparent to RF. A metal, with free electrons moving through its bulk, cannot be.
He talks about using the case as an antenna, which means it's a conductor. Which means it's not RF-transparent. Again—by definition.Modern antenna design is a very sophisticated science. I doubt if any random slab of metal is going to be ideal. That means the case would have to be divided up into the antenna part and its surroundings by non-conductive strips, like a printed circuit board. I see no sign of that here.
Where does everybody get this idea of unicorn hide liquid metal being transparent to radio waves? If it's metal, it's not. By definition. Being amorphous instead of polycrystalline wouldn't change that; it would probably make it an even better RF shield because the free electrons could wander through the entire piece instead of just one tiny crystal domain.
Hey, if you can tolerate Android, more power to you. I can't be arsed looking up shıt for you. Believe me, it's been done to death on this forum.
My point of view is the same as the hundreds of millions of people who buy iPhones and the hundreds of millions of people who buy normal-sized Android phones. The tens of millions of people who buy these ridiculous tombstone phones are a sliver of the market who are not worth pursuing because most of them are Apple-haters anyway.Most Android users bought their phones to save money. The tiny minority who buy these premium-priced phablet phones have to be ideologically...