or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

This is pure, 100%, no-money-back, spun-glass Bullshıt. A very small minority of Android phones are in these ridiculous large sizes, and a majority of them are sold in South Korea. The only people who are bellyaching about the size of the iPhone are the usual Fandroid trolls who seem to be unaware that the only reason such huge screens are on offer is to hide the enormously larger batteries needed by their inefficient, power-sucking OS.
So they just give you bafflegab about "warmer" and "cooler" (used backwards, to add insult to injury) and meaningless terms about "moods"? Why can't any of these people (or TV and computer manufacturers) let you set the color temperature directly? Say 3300 ˚K if you want incandescent-like lighting, or 6500 ˚K for sunlight-like, or if you want to pretend you live on Rigel XII, like Apple seems to, set it at 12000 ˚K. IMO what needs to be prevented, at all costs, is...
Well, this is a stupid idea, that's a given. But also...I guess sealed between two thick sheets of glass they've gotten OLED's water-absorption problem reduced to the point where it's acceptable in a phone, which is only supposed to last a couple of years, instead of the >10 years people expect from a TV. Can the thin plastic they use in this be as impervious to water as glass? What about the edge where it's bent over after being formed? I would worry about the longevity...
These paid shills are really stupid, as well. How many times does it have to be pointed out that the expense has already been incorporated in the pie chart? So this "hasn't yet pressed 'enter'" excuse won't wash.No, nobody thinks Excel can't add seven numbers*—that's not the point. It's the incompetence and tone-deafness of Microsoft, which paying you one-post wonders to bitch about this post shows up to perfection.*Although, Intel did etch a math error into silicon once,...
It's amazing there haven't been dozens of posts talking about "toy trucks and big rigs" and "real work". The Adobe shills must be less alert than the MS ones—or do they spring to life only when Flash is mentioned? Anyway, glad to see marketshare going to deserving people and away from Adobe, which I want to die a painful death. I've hated them since they absorbed and destroyed Aldus all those many years ago.
Techno-hipsters may be clamoring for a larger-screened iPhone, but let me clue you in, out here in the real world, anybody who wrestles one of these ridiculous tombstone phones out of their pocket is a laughingstock. You may not see everybody rolling their eyes and smirking at each other behind your back, but believe me, they are. I see it every day on the bus, in stores, basically everywhere I go. The iPhone's screen is already too big, in the sense that they increased...
Well, it's good to know that I can reject all of this agonizing as pure Bull$hit, sight unseen. By now the hallmarks of a (originally just Micro$haft but now Samscum and general Fandroid) disinformation campaign are painfully obvious. Seconds after any Apple product announcement—long before anybody could possibly know anything about the subject—hundreds of newbies, never seen on any Apple forum before (They've all been Apple users since the War of Jenkins' Ear, but this...
I agree. Apple knows why they get units back under warranty, better than I do certainly, but reading the complaints on forums for years most problems sound like bad or broken connections. That's the reason for the unibody chassis, for one thing—case flex ix a big problem for laptops. Ever see people picking them up by one corner and then laying them on a desk? Creak, groan, snap!Nobody expects any laptops other than Apple's to last more than a year or two, anyway, but they...
Up till today, I never would have considered an iPad mini, but now: Same processor, same number of pixels onscreen, save 4 oz. of weight and $100 in cash, and in return all I have to do is hold it 81% as far away? That's definitely doable.
With a glossy screen it's at least conceivable you could find some orientation so that the specular reflections will be minimized. With a matte screen, the light from the general environment will be diffused over the whole screen and obscure the image, which is already obscured by the matte finish. Remember for graphics work you used to have to sit in a completely darkened room, wearing black clothes, and work at a $10,000 monitor, being run by a $10,000 computer. The...