or Connect

Posts by Mac-sochist

Jesus Haploid Christ!! Morons are still bitching about their "matte" displays? How much are you FUDsters getting paid? What do you want to bet they were the same ones who said "Retina displays are worthless—nobody can see the difference!" Then it was "No Retina display across the board? EPIC FAIL!!!" Now they want a Retina display, but they want it obscured by a semi-opaque cover, so for sure nobody could tell the difference. Get a Retina display MBP, and then rub...
How could the wiring of anyone's brain be so completely haywire as to make them capable of writing something like this?
Seriously,.. "given the rampant windows piracy in China"...So the Chinese government used pirated Microsoft software to run the biggest international event in their history, for billions of people to watch, including everybody at Microsoft? The excuses Windoze-apologists come up with are usually really tiresome, but this one makes me smile. I'm sure there weren't thousands of Microsoft people working on this setup for several years—of course not. And Steve Ballmer watched...
Microsoft in general needs to stay out of mission-critical applications. In "The enterprise" (Fu¢king god, how I hate that term! What a bunch of pretentious a$$holes!), it doesn't matter, because nothing that they're doing makes a bit of difference. It didn't make any difference when it was cubicle drones shuffling papers from one pile to another, and it doesn't make any difference now that it's cubicle drones clacking away on keyboards. (I remember when, for a computer to...
Wonder if he's the same guy from the other day, who (when somebody jokingly mentioned "bumping") said: "Yes, we shouldn't have to bump our expensive iPhones together to transfer files! Apple has to add NFC or they're doooomed!"The people who hire these guys should really give them a manual of basic facts about Apple gear so they don't make such fools of themselves. Apparently this new guidebook with the "Can't we all just get along" whining suggested, still doesn't include...
WRT the price of storage upgrades on the iPad and iPhone: If MS had the same price structure on the Surface—scratch that, they do—that would be gouging. Apple uses such a huge fraction of the world supply of flash memory that they have to discourage upgrades by rationing through price. If they suddenly reduced the cost of each storage upgrade, or abruptly doubled capacity in their whole line, like everybody keeps urging them to, they would have to essentially corner the...
Ballmer is an idiot, that's a given—but seriously, what can they do? Apple is in a unique position. They're supreme in the mobile space (unless you use the dishonest ploy of the Fandroids of lumping all "Android" phones together as if all these companies shared profits), and they also have the most profitable line of desktops and laptops. That market ("Post-PC era" or not) is not going to go away, but it's going to shrink considerably. Apple can manage that transition...
MG is reading from a slightly different playbook than the usual foaming-at-the-mouth Fandroid trolls that infest these comments so heavily. This holier-than-thou, passive-aggressive, more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger, I-own-$350,000-worth-of-Apple-stock crap must be from the latest Samsung-issued troll guidebook. It's infinitely more annoying, so I guess you could call it effective.
First, I can't believe that gomer going on and on about gloves—who are you, Scrooge McDuck? You wear spats, too? Secondly, anybody who thinks first AuthenTec and than Apple didn't try this technique six ways from Sunday...well, all I can say is I hear there's a really neat bridge for sale in New York. Thirdly, the sensor is reading the guy's print through the fake film print. It doesn't matter which finger he's using. The prints on your fingers aren't identical, but...
Yeah, I remember when Korean VCRs started taking over the market—you had Samsung on the one hand, and Goldstar and...I want to say "Intertech"—Inter-something—from the Lucky Group on the other. A couple of friends had Goldstars and they would eat about one out of ten tapes you put in them.Thanks for the first-hand report.The other TV I'm looking to upgrade is a Vizio. As an HDTV, it's great, but it's terrible at upconverting standard-def content. Much as I hate to say it,...