or Connect

Posts by blursd

I work with a guy that is vehemently anti-Apple (to his core), and he's constantly bringing up things like this (because he knows I own Apple products).     Usually I ignore him, because getting into an argument with a zealot is an exercise in futility.  The last time he made a dig at the fact the iPad didn't have a physical keyboard I just turned around, lowered my head and said, "ever heard of bluetooth, genius?"  He looked at me like he'd just figured out the Earth...
What's more interesting is ... the ring is powered by the willpower of it's wearer :s   Who do they have in charge of R&D at Apple ... Hal Jordan?
Except I can already do this at any Apple Store ... can't remember the last time I stepped into a Wal-Mart :s I don't care if they have the lowest price ... I'd rather pay a little more and go to Target, or wait a couple days and get it from Amazon.
I'll file this under the "No @#$% Sherlock" category ... 
I was thinking the exact same thing ... the way this headline is worded it makes it sound as if construction isn't starting until 2016, then you read the article and find out that isn't the case at all.  
I can tell you from my own personal experience yesterday was an annoying day.  First, from about noon until 5 in the afternoon none of my iMessages would go through.  They'd get 90% of the way through and get stuck.  Then, I tried using Facetime like I normally do, and it wouldn't work.  And, of course, later in the day I logged on my computer and attempted to update my iTunes Match library, so I could stream more content to my Apple TV - for over two hours it...
I always thought iMessage worked fine ... until I was talking to my girlfriend one day and I asked her why she didn't response to one of my messages (not an important one, but that still required an answer).  She had no idea what I was talking about, so I showed her my phone, which showed the message as being "delivered."  Then she showed me her phone, and all the other messages where there, but not the one I asked her about.  She never got it.  Then she mentioned there...
I always preferred Omega to Rolex, but I understand the point the writer was trying to get across ...    Personally speaking I've been waiting for the iPhone 5 for two years now.  Never really felt the need to upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 4s.  The only thing that really would have made me upgrade was Siri, but it honestly wasn't enough ... especially considering if I just waited a little longer any future products would also have Siri in them.  I'll be ordering...
Actually, a funny story from just last night ...    I was at the Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego last night with my girlfriend doing some shopping, and she said, "Oh, why don't we stop by the Apple Store, and I can have them look at my phone."  We get there (in the early evening) and after about 10 minutes of waiting she looks around with an annoyed look on her face, and says to me "why are there so many people here!?!"  I then told her about the fact Apple had...
Nokia couldn't find one Finn that speaks intelligible English to do this commercial ...!?!  Because, basically all Finns speak pretty much near perfect English (lived in Sweden for years, and visited Finland frequently).  I mean honestly ...    No, we're going to go with the Indian guy who pronounces Nokia like "Knockya," so none of the English speaking people this advertisement is targeted towards can understand what he's saying half the time :s