or Connect

Posts by blursd

No, but I also took the power supply apart to show some of my engineer friends that the capacitors had melted ... So, its pretty well in pieces. Still, doesn't hurt to ask ... I think I know what the answer will be when I go over to the Apple Store in Carlsbad tomorrow. "Ja, hi ... I'd like to have you replace this Time Capsule I completely dismembered by myself, and is in about twelve pieces right now." All I can say is after hearing this news that now (over a year...
MOTHER F#@%ER !!!!! I went in to the Apple Store and spoke with Apple Customer Service about seven times over the course of two months about six months ago because the power supply on my Time Capsule (from 2008) went out. This is the ONLY time I've ever been pissed off with Apple when its obvious a design flaw was evident ... the failure rate on these things is through the roof. They refused to replace it, and wanted $280 to fix it ... I told them that was...
Holy crap these new Mac Minis are SOOOOOOO much easier to take apart and change components than the old ones (the basic design they've been using the past several years). I used to be a tech for Apple back in the day, and all my friends that have mechanical problems or want to upgrade parts always come to me to have it done. Even something as simple as upgrading the RAM was a pain in the royal A. As soon as I heard the words "Mac Mini" I would cringe, but this new...
This reminds me of an article I was reading on Dagens Nyheter (Daily News) a couple days back. There was a motorist in Sweden that was pissed off about cyclists on the roads, so when one got in his way in the middle of a roundabout he he rammed him off the road. When asked by the police if he felt he did anything wrong he said, "If he didn't want to get hit by a car he shouldn't have been on the road." This seems to be the same justification these people used ... AT&T...
Agreed ... it looks as if she was the only one who actually did the right thing.
I asked my eight year old nephew a couple weeks ago what he would like for his birthday, and his response was, "tickets to this years WWDC!". I just kind of sat there scratching my head, and said "... Is there anything else you might want...?". Now I have a good excuse ... "I'm sorry but they sold out before I could get one."
I seem to remember a certain CEO named "Ballmer" that said the iPhone was too expensive and could never take on the traditional cell phone makers ... hmmmmmm
This just might be the last time I rely on my iPhone to do stuff like this while I'm at the airport. Got my email from Apple this morning for my 3G iPad I preordered in the first hour it was available online ... Should be here by 3pm tomorrow. It's already os San Diego! So excited ... This has been a long three months ...
So does this mean all new Blackberry OS 6 users are going to turn into those type of people I always see at the gym that are motioning their workout to the music they are listening, and look like fools while they're doing it. Cause what really oozes cool is dancing along, and playing invisible drums to music no one can hear ...
I remember I used a couple thousand dollars about 14 months ago to buy 40 shares of Apple stock at $94 a share -- today, about fourteen months later those same shares are valued at $259 a share. I like to point that out when ever someone gets in my face about how "awful" Apple is ...