or Connect

Posts by blursd

Wait, wait, wait ... I thought they were supposed to bury Apple and the iPad/iPhone.
You mean a new market with 1 Billion people is experiencing more growth than a well established market from over three decades with 300 Million people.
I know it's a joke, but I've actually had someone say this to me (and completely serious when she did it too). I had to explain it was an idiom ... the meaning behind it being that at the time it was created both pots and tea kettles were made of cast iron, so they were both "black." And that it had nothing to do with the color of the person to whom it was being referenced. Then I had to explain what an idiom was, because she didn't know the word, so I said, "a...
Now that's government efficiency in action ... an issue from 1989 resolved in 2012. And people want to give them control over healthcare too ... name me one entitlement program or agency the government runs in an efficient and/or in a sustainable fashion.
I still remember my first iPod - I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I got it. I was making a three week trip to Brazil in March of 2002 to visit friends and do some sightseeing, and I was thinking of ways I could entertain myself on the 10 hour flight. Before this I had a laptop, but it was huge Dell monstrosity that I had no intention of lugging on a airplane -- the thing seriously weighed about 12 pounds (my other computer was a PowerMac). My other option...
Actually, no ... this is COMPLETELY different than the examples you cited. What you are describing is a country placing a domestic production clause to the lifting of a tariff on a product. Basically what it does is make a foreign branded product to be sold for a cheaper price if the company is willing to produce at least some of the components, or the entire product, in the country. That ... is completely normal.What Argentina has done has been to completely BAN the...
Dear Argentina, No. Signed ... the tech companies of the world.
And somewhere in Redmond Steve Balmer is doing an "angry" monkey dance to this news ...
I wouldn't go insulting other people's intelligence when your own reading comprehension skills need some attention. I NEVER mentioned the iPhone ... I said iPod. The point was Google is claiming their going to sell more Andriod devices in one year than all the iPods that have been sold by Apple in a decade ... thats just absurd.
See the other thing that doesn't make sense to me is Google is basically implying they're activating more Android devices a year than all iPod devices (in all their various iterations) Apple has sold in it's entire history. Let's think of it this way ... how many people do you know that DON'T have, or have never had an iPod? Pretty much everyone has, or at one point had an iPod. Now how many people do you know with an Android device? Sure, you might see them here and...