or Connect

Posts by blursd

Imagine that ... "sudden demand" after the price was reduced from $400 to $100. If HP could find a way to produce the TouchPad at that price point and still turn a profit they might be on to something, but I think it's more possible than not they're losing money selling the TouchPad for $100. I'd even go out on a further limb here and suggest that if SAAB started selling their brand new 9-3 sedans for $2,000 they might experience "sudden demand" as well.
Does this mean we have more keynotes to look forward to with the electrifying Phil Schiller ... he has about as much charisma as a turnip. He can take exciting news and make it sound dull and odd at the same time ...
Yes, I am rather intimately familiar with this concept having lived in four foreign countries (in addition to the United States) for a collective total of over 12 years ... from which I picked up the ability to speak six foreign languages.
When I read the part about the lady claiming Apple tried to "trick her" by offering to extend the warranty I had flashbacks to ever person from Asia I ever sold a computer. I swear every single one of them were just ridiculous, accusatory, and confrontational -- they'd do crap like try to haggle the price, or get all kinds of things thrown in for free that were absurd. Then when they actually paid for it they want to open it up, go through the packaging, and try to find...
I was kind of thinking the same thing. For an authorized reseller in the United States the profit margin on most computer products is 3-6% (desktops, laptops, PDA's, MP3 players, Tablets, etc ...). This means that Best Buy is probably making somewhere between $15-$20 profit on each $400 TouchPad. You don't make a lot of money of each sale individually ... you make money by selling a lot of them. If a product just sits there you're losing money ...
Google TV is trying to unseat Apple TV ... what is this ... a game of musical chairs?
A million robots ... hope they give each one no more than a six foot electrical cord so they can't take over the world.
[sniff, sniff] I smell fear ...
Google is so full of it when they talk about patent reform and how it "inhibits" innovation. Just like how they've created this myth the Andriod OS is "open" when they guard that source code like it's a gold unicorn.
Not to split hairs, but I think there's a rather salient difference between the issues regarding Apple's patent infringement and that of companies like HTC and Samsung. Has Apple infringed on patents? Yes. Name me a technology company with over $300 million in revenue that hasn't. Was there a company that trademarked the iPhone name before Apple. Yes. Did Apple's iPhone look anything like the "other" iPhone. No. Was it even the same product? No. Was it targeted...