or Connect

Posts by blursd

With regards to Balmer (at least) I've always wondered what an "angry" monkey dance looks like ... Whatever it looks like I'm sure he's doing it right now (and creeping out everyone around him).
I think both Dell and Gateway tried this approach ... how did that turn out for them? I've been into the Microsoft Stores in San Diego and Orange County ... you can definitely tell they hired the same interior designer who did the Apple Stores. It's rather obvious who it is they are trying to imitate (and "imitate" really is the best word to describe it). They are kind of nice, because you can play around with a few cool gadgets, but, for the most part, the general...
Learn to speak English, and maybe your argument will make more sense. Even syllogistically it's completely unsound ... Some Apple people are badly informed They are badly informed because they like Apple. Therefore they think Apple is right, but it isn't. That's pretty much a near perfect example of a syllogistic fallacy - that meaning there is an inherent flaw in the logic being used that renders the argument invalid.
Who do they have running these numbers ... Dr. Evil?
Actually, I'm Jewish ... and I have had people say things even worse than that to me, but not in the context of a representative of a company to me (as a customer). We're talking about things that have been said as one individual to another ... not some institutionalized policy of racism. It's the same difference between having an Apple employee saying something like that to a Jewish customer, and another customer in the store saying the same thing ... the former is...
What I find ridiculous is these guys are trying to suggest that for no reason whatsoever an Apple employee came up to them and basically said, "I don't like black people, and I want to you get the hell out of here!" Not only that but it seems rather convenient he was say something like, "yah, I'm discriminating against you solely because you're black and no other possible reason, but consider me God so you have to leave because I said so." The entire scenario suggests...
Ummm ... I was born and raised in Southern California (for the most part ... From grades 7-10 I lived in Brazil), and I lived in Copenhagen for four years, then Sweden for another three. I don't really agree with your assertion that Southern California is more expensive than Denmark. Yes, you do make more in Denmark, but the cost of living is also much higher than even here in San Diego (and we have the second highest cost of living in California ... behind San...
That reminds me of years ago when I was accepted to the University of Copenhagen -- I was sharing the news with my coworkers, and one of the women I worked with asked me again where it was I was going, and I replied, "Denmark." She responded excitedly, "Oh I LOVE New Zealand ... you're going to have a great time!" I didn't know what to say at first ... of course, I also had a whole bunch of people asking me if I already spoke Dutch, so not surprising really. "They speak...
First off I'd have to say on my personal dislikeometer unions rank right up there with politicians -- they completely serve themselves. They're kind of an amalgam between career politicians and the mafia. That having been said I think the AFL-CIO's real problem is they're pissed Steve Jobs has more shares than they do. If there's one thing unions hate it's when anyone threatens their influence ...
You do understand the concept of a joke, don't you ...? I never said, nor implied they were for take-home use. I have no idea where you got that from what I said. And I mentioned the extended warranties precisely because they are colossally stupid, and a waste of money (and because Best Buy is always shoving them down people's throats whenever you walk into their stores). Dial it down a notch, and don't be so confrontational/serious ... I was making fun of Best Buy. ...