or Connect

Posts by blursd

Translation ... Reporter: "Is the rumors you've giving iPads to all your floor staff true?" Best Buy PR Guy: "What!?! No, no, no, nooooooooo ... Do you have any idea how much those things cost? I mean at $500 a pop, times 30,000 employees ... you do the math man. Nah, if anything we might ... and I emphasize ... might consider giving our floor staff an HP Slate." [another Best Buy PR support employee comes up and whispers something into the PR rep's ear] Best Buy...
It has often been said that satire is one of the highest forms of flattery ... I thought the video was just kind of so-so, but you still have to be able to stand back and see the humor in things no matter how much you like Apple products. There's quite a lot to make fun of ...
Another case of some idiot buying a product and expecting it to perform in a way or do something it was never designed to do, nor was it ever claimed by the company to do. These morons really can't tell the difference between a paper bound book, and an iPad. It's one thing for Apple to say there is an iBookstore ... it's another entirely if what you hear from that same statement is "the iPad works just like a book." Don't get mad at Apple because you didn't bother to...
Well I heard from a reliable source that Apple is making a new iPhone that is made out of ground up unicorn horns, and runs on dreams ... Doesn't take much to start a rumor ...
I don't find this type of news to be very surprising or really any type of foreboding doom for Verizon or the CDMA iPhone 4. First, the handset has already sold out to pre-order Verizon customers ... most of which were the most likely to upgrade to the iPhone 4 early. Secondly, the iPhone 4 has already been on sale on the AT&T network for over half a year, and the iPhone 5 is scheduled to be released within the coming months. With Verizon's subsidized upgrade policy...
Of course, since we're not dealing with HP "extraordinary demand" means Verizon is planning on selling more than 2,000 units (altogether). For a phone I hear so many people bashing when I'm out and about there certainly is a lot of demand for them ... must mean there either a lot of people out there that love a phone that is inferior, or there must be a lot of haters that refuse to live in reality.
Thank goodness for all these Northern Californians who give lawyers on both sides plenty to keep them busy ... About 75% of the stupidest lawsuits I read about that individuals file always seem to come out the San Francisco area.
And where exactly on Apple's website does it encourage users to drop their iPhones as part of "normal usage?" I can understand this guy is upset his daughters iPhone broke, but Apple isnt responsible for any possible accidental damage half the idiots out their subject their phone to. It reminds me of years ago when I worked retail for Apple there was this lady who had bought her son two laptops and was there to purchase a third within a six month period, and she...
All this from a wireless company that has pretty much done everything it could do to convince it's customers the iPhone was a bad product and they shouldn't want it ... up until a couple weeks ago. Now they're acting like it's Jesus come down from Galilee ... p.s. I do understand competitive markets and advertising strategies, but I think it's worth recognizing the rather salient change in Verizon's public attitude towards the iPhone.
You never know ... by the time something like this would be bound to come out they might find a way to incorporate wireless power.