or Connect

Posts by blursd

As a stockholder this is music to my ears ...
If it drops $15 dollars or more I'll probably buy another ten or twenty shares ... I seriously doubt the stock is going to tank in the long run (particularly the next two fiscal quarters).
I've been with AT&T ever since they started carrying the iPhone ... of course, I didn't really have the problem of having to switch carriers because I had just moved back from Sweden a few months after the first iPhone came out. Before I lived in Sweden though I had been with Verizon since I'd had a cell phone (my original carrier was LA Cellular who was eventually bought out by Verizon ... that's how long ago it was). I never really had any problem with Verizon, but...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lenovo preemptively announce a tablet last year just a couple weeks before the iPad was announced? It was supposed to have some kind of fancy dock that essentially turned it into a netbook/laptop ... LePad looks like a pretty good answer to the iPad ... too bad it probably won't stand a chance against the iPad 2. Think they would have learned from the past, or at least asked Microsoft how their similar strategy has worked for them...
Is RIM becoming the Venezuela of the mobile technology industry ...?
All I have to say after reading that article is "wow" ... I mean just "wow." I know we're only receiving one side of the story, but there are a lot of questions I have about this girl's side of the story. So, she takes four months of medical leave for "psychological" reasons, and comes back and just expects to continue on like before as if nothing happened. It's a retail job ... the store needs to have work done, and if you're going to be gone for four months they...
This reminds me of a bit Craig Ferguson did a couple years ago on one of his opening monologues. "You know ... it's the ZUNE! Microsoft is trying to destroy the Apple iPod's monopoly on the ... iPod market." Seems like years later they're at the same game ... trying to destroy the iPad's control on the iPad market by ... copying the iPad. If it didn't work with the iPod why would it work with the iPad ...?
600k devices may not match Apple, but its still pretty impressive. Microsoft would probably cream their pants if they could sell 600k Zunes in one month against Apple, so hats off to Samsung.
I had a friend that paid to have a Blu Ray disc drive added to his laptop as an add on (I think it was somewhere around $200 if I remember correctly), and wanted to show it off once he got it. He popped in a Blu-Ray disc and started to brag, and I noticed the picture kind of sucked on his 13 inch screen. I asked him "what's the resolution on this thing?" ... turns out it was about half of that of a MacBook. So, he paid two hundred dollars just to be able to watch high...
Keep in mind that Apple's displays usually have a much higher pixel density than a normal display ... even though there might be one dead pixel because they're packed in really densely it's harder to detect than on a lower density screen (where it can be painfully obvious).