or Connect

Posts by tryd

I'm at 203 034 songs now (a symphony counts as 3+ songs, an opera can be up to 50 or 60), so even the 100 000 song limit is not large enough.I don't really feel the need to have my whole library available everywhere I go, so I'm fine with having a selection. I have 2 160GB iPod Classics that I use for traveling. One contains pop/rock, one contains orchestral/chamber/church music, and 1 for opera. Works fine. I hope they will work for a long time. BTW: How does iTunes Match...
 This still does not answer my question of cost for the Apple solution using iTunes Match.It is a cost/quality/convenience equation, and I'm not sure that that convenience equals out the cost/quality issue.Thank you for the info. My media library is spread over 4 4TB disks, of which 12 TB is video and 4 TB is audio. I will have a look at your suggestion. I have a feeling that iTunes Match is not for me...
My music library is 3.8 TB large consisting of a lot of recordings not available from iTunes. 75% of it in ALAC. As far as I have understood this means that most of it will have to go in the cloud, and it will be downgraded to 256 kbps AAC. This means that I will need at least 2 TB (this should do it with the reduced file size due to reduced quality) iCloud storage for this to work. Disregarding the reduced quality - how much will this cost? I still prefer CDs. They always...
I don't think Match is available where I live. Is there any use in paying for this when I have 4 TB of ALAC files of classical music locally? I also don't buy files on the net (the exception is from Hyperion that sell ALAC files of their catalogue)
Great - I might try it then. But with 10 000 CDs of classical music, all ripped til ALAC already on my system, I probably have a better selection locally anyway. BTW: The best Lark ascending is Hugh Bean/Adrian Boult on EMI (1967) :)
Is there anything here that might interest a classical music nut like me? Operas? Chamber music? Renaissance? Monteverdi, Palestrina, Mozart; Schubert, Stravinsky, Shostakovich...?
Interesting take:   https://junction10.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/those-in-glass-houses-shouldnt-throw-stones/
It may be that Apple has to have data centers inside EU to allow officials in EU countries to use iCloud. In Norway it is forbidden for any official documents to be stored on servers outside Norway. There may be similar rules within EU.   And BTW: They say that these data centers will run on hydroelectric power from Norway. We export a lot of it - this power may actually be cheaper in Denmark than in Norway because the danes have lower taxes on electricity than Norway.
Yes, I know, but it still sounds wrong. Going nowhere means, as you point oit, making no progress. Which is wrong when you talk about the Mac. It is definitely getting better, and making progress in marketshare, so going nowhere in this context is just wrong. It is not going nowhere, it is going forward, it is gaining. 
 I see this a lot - The Mac is going nowhere. So it is standing still, neither going forward or going back. Neither gaining nor losing marketshare.  Not getting better. Wouldn't it be better to say "It is not going away"? English is not my first language, so I may be missing something?