or Connect

Posts by tryd

Wouldn't that be a bit like CyberDog? A general container that had extended functionality through plug-ins. The obvious problem with this idea is that you would have to have all the plug-ins installed to see the contents of the document. Which is fine as long as you are the only one to use the document, and you only use it on one machine. What happens if you send that document to somebody that don't have the proper plug-ins installed? You could of course embed a read-only...
 My stereo doesn't have bass/midrange/treble controls. Input selector and volume only. It does not even have a balance control. None of these controls are necessary if the producer of the recording does his job properly. I have never heard a set of Beats, but from what I read they are definitely not something I would use. There are lots of very good alternatives. Sennheiser, AKG, STAX (but not for portables), HiFiman, Audio Technica, Grado, Beyerdynamic... Personally I...
AAC files are actually quite good. A lot of people hve problems distinguishing high quality AAC from ALAC or FLAC. And bad sounding headphones don't start sounding good just because you change the equalizer settings. But I just don't think Apple is buying Beats for the headphones.
The question is how that brand has been built. Apple was built up by quality and innovation, Coca Cola was built because they had a product nobody else had etc... What has built the brand Beats? They have always sold low quality products - they have nothing that distinguishes them from other producers (apart from selling overpriced junk). 
No, it is not a premium brand. It is a cheap brand that gets away with selling low quality headphones at premium prices. Just the opposite of what Apple is all about. A premium brand in this area would be Sennheiser, AKG, Stax, Beyer, B&W etc.... I prefer Stax (I mainly use the SR-009 - probably the best headphones in the world), but I also listen to Sennheiser (HD800 for their exeptional sound stage) and have a set of AKG 701 I use occasionally. On the move I usually use...
I don't see this promotion either - so does it stop at the US border? I'm not Christian, but I do enjoy music written for religious events. I like Schütz, Bach, Händel, Monteverdi, Palestrina, Dufay etc. etc. But this music is probably not included in this promotion? I don't know because the promotion does not appear in my store (I'm outside US).   Let's be realistic though - Christmas is just a celebration put in a time of year when "everybody" was celebrating the...
Yes, the Norwegian word for radio is … wait for it … radio!  Quite a few languages make up new words (like French and Swedish), but in Norway we rarely do that.
I'm not sure, digitalclips. I'll probably not use it, but I'l check it out. My "rant" was about it being advertised without actually being available. When it is mentioned as the first item in a list of new features, you sort of expect that it will be available...   You are quite right in saying that "radio" doesn't really relate to content, so technically it is probably a correct use of the word, but "radio" and "radio broadcast" are in most people's ears synonyms, even...
iTunes Radio may well be available only in the US, but then why is it the first item on the "new in iTunes 11" list when you download iTunes 11 in other countries? I download iTunes and check the Read Me file, and the first item is explaining the great new feature (that isn't available). WTF?   From what I can read, however, iTunes Radio is not radio as I understand it. Radio in my country is people debating, programs about interesting phenomena, political discussions,...
Does anyone outside of the US ever use Siri? I have never used it, the mere idea of talking to an inanimate object seems silly to me. A good example of technology that most of the users never use, and as such a perfect candidate for removing if it means a cheaper phone. In a car I can see the use for it though.