or Connect

Posts by tryd

I'm not sure, digitalclips. I'll probably not use it, but I'l check it out. My "rant" was about it being advertised without actually being available. When it is mentioned as the first item in a list of new features, you sort of expect that it will be available...   You are quite right in saying that "radio" doesn't really relate to content, so technically it is probably a correct use of the word, but "radio" and "radio broadcast" are in most people's ears synonyms, even...
iTunes Radio may well be available only in the US, but then why is it the first item on the "new in iTunes 11" list when you download iTunes 11 in other countries? I download iTunes and check the Read Me file, and the first item is explaining the great new feature (that isn't available). WTF?   From what I can read, however, iTunes Radio is not radio as I understand it. Radio in my country is people debating, programs about interesting phenomena, political discussions,...
Does anyone outside of the US ever use Siri? I have never used it, the mere idea of talking to an inanimate object seems silly to me. A good example of technology that most of the users never use, and as such a perfect candidate for removing if it means a cheaper phone. In a car I can see the use for it though.  
It all depends on the country you live in, I suppose. Where I live we get 2 years warranty and 5 years extended coverage on all parts within their expected lifespan. Which means that if a battery goes bad after 3 years you will not get a new battery for free because a battery is not supposed to last longer than that, but if something breaks (through no fault of yours) before it normally can be expected to break, the shop where you bought it (not necessarily the producer)...
I have never understood how they can argue that innovation is being harmed by not being allowed to copy others. If anything it should drive innovation because when you are not allowed to copy from somebody else, you have to make your own solution, and thereby you are forced to innovate (or at least develop your own solutions, which hopefuly will lead to new and useful inventions). Why are they allowed to get away with that argument without being challenged by the...
No. The album art field in the Get info window is not what I am talking about.   I think that CDs at the moment is cheaper than downloading because that is what I see when I go to buy music. Some times the files are cheaper, but most of the time CDs are cheaper. Probably because the big music publishers are selling their back catalogue for next to nothing.  Whether all these files will be available at one time, I don't know. They might be, but they are not at the...
And don't forget that it is in Apple's interest to have people buying music through iTunes. There is still a good argument for buying CDs though. At the moment it is much cheaper to buy CDs than files on the internet. I paid $120 for the 144 CD Artur Rubinstein collection. It would be much more expensive to buy it as downloads (if it had been available, which it isn't).   As to coverflow vs. the artwork field in the main window there is a difference. Coverflow was...
Yes, I know. And I'm all for simplicity. There are always workarounds - I can live with that. The cmd-c and cmd-v info solved my main problem.  
Yes, of course I realize that I'm in a small minority, but that doesn't mean that it's not a problem for me. The previous functionality worked very well, and I don't see how removing it solves any problem? In iTunes10 you could remove the field that showed the album art by clicking a button - why not leave it in?   But am I so special? The trend is of course to play music from your computer. On a Mac that means almost 100% iTunes. So people are ripping their...
  That would work I guess. But why make it so difficult when they already had a very easy and functional way to do it? This would become extremely tiresome if you had to do it for let's say 200 works/albums, like I sometimes have to. How much extra time would this incur for me after i ripped the 144-CD collection of Arthur Rubinsteins complete RCA-recordings (which I did a couple of months back)? Those 144 CDs probably contains more than 500 works that all should have...