or Connect

Posts by tryd

Yes, I know. But the old way was much more convenient - just paste the album art on the "Album art field" in the main Window. Which is now gone. And some times iTunes would find the correct album art for one work on a CD, but not for the other. Then you could just copy the album art from the same field, and paste in that field for the other works. This doesn't work any more. I have not found where I can copy albumart from an album in iTunes. Does anybody...
You are right - I was not being precise. My only excuse is that English is not my first language. It is possible to paste album art (I'm not too sure about copying though...). But it is much more inconvenient and takes much more time. They took something that was very easy and fast in iTunes 10 and made it much more difficult and inconvenient in iTunes 11.  I don't quite understand why. If they used the space they saved for something useful, I could understand it, but...
  1: Because I rip a lot of CDs, and iTunes usually can't find the album art. Just last week I ripped 75 CDs and iTunes didn't find any of the album art. Each CD contains many works - those CDs probably contained at least 200 works.   2: No it isn't. Yes, it is possible to paste album art by selecting the work, open the Info-window and paste it there. This, however means 3 operations for what earlier took only 1. And some times iTunes finds the album art for one work, but...
But it is not possible to copy and paste album art any more. I need that functionality all the time. It is really annoying that this is not possible any more.
Happens all the time here.
No. It has been doing that all along as far as I know. Whether the album art is conserved across systems depends on how it is imported in the first place. I have 3 copies of my library on different Macs, and some times the album art doesn't survive when I copy from one library to another.
When you rip classical CDs (and some of us do - today physical CDs of classical music are cheaper than file downloads, and gives you an automatic backup), iTunes usually can't find the album art (or it finds the wrong art). If it finds the album art, it will be embedded in the library file, and not in the music file, which means that the album art is lost if you move the file to another library, or play it through another system (like Sonos wireless). In iTunes 10 you...
Is nobody having problems with the search in iTunes 11? My library is rather large (160 000 songs, 1,7 TB data) and searching for files takes forever. In iTunes 10 I could type "Schubert" in the search field, and iTunes would present a list of matching files fairly fast (approx 20-30 seconds). In iTunes 11 the same thing takes up to 5 minutes. And I get the beachball while the search is performed so I cannot do anything else in iTunes while the search is going on. With...
Something is very wrong with your Mac. Take it back to Apple ASAP. In my family we have 1 17" PowerBook, 1 15" MacBook Pro and 2 MacBooks. They never crash. I mean that as in zero crashes for at least the last year. I have had a few wake-from-sleep problems with the MBP, but no crashing as in spinning-beachball-of-death or kernel panics. Your problems might very well be thermal related, but it should be up to Apple to find it and fix it.
I used to use 192 kbps AAC, but now I use 256 kbps AAC.Franz Schubert, closely followed by Bach, Mozart and Beethoven (the usual suspects). There is also a lot of Händel, Haydn and Vivaldi. Awfully mainstream, I'm afraid.