or Connect

Posts by tryd

So you "hate" iTunes for no reason. It does not dictate a new folder structure. There is a setting for leaving the files where they are. There is no such thing as "Apple AAC format". AAC is an open ISO standard (from MPEG). If other musicplayers don't use it, it is because they prefer proprietary MS formats. So it doesn't support OGG/Vorbis. Very few (if any) others do. I also don't get the "inconsistent behaviour" thing. Of course you cannot delete something from a smart...
Zune is all about formats. MS does not like that standardized formats like AAC and MPEG4 is preferred over their proprietary formats WMA and WMV. While Apple pays license fees for AAC and mpeg4, MS does not pay any fees for WMA and WMV, and the more the WMA and WMV formats are used (by other companies) the more money they earn. So this is MS trying to push WMA and WMV into a market that is dominated by open standards. If they succeed in catching lets say 30% of this...
Much bigger than you think. Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland is about 25 mill, so about 10% of the US. Some of the richest countries in the world with the best "electronic" infrastructure, and also probably the region with the highest spending on electronic equipment pr. capita. So it is not a small market for Apple to lose.
Yes you can. First you must define what you want to call your parameter, let's say: k Just click on the "+" and type : k=3 (or something) After this you can use k in your expressions. If you want to animate expressions with a parameter, just select "Animate parameter" (Opt-Cmd-A) and you can animate your expressions to your hearts content.
There used to be a limit of 32000 songs but that was fixed quite a while back. I don't know if there is a limit now. Maybe 64000? My library is currently at 46070.
I usually don't sleep the computer at night - just let it sleep the screen. Then the scripts will be run during the night. If the computer sleeps for a while I run the scripts from the terminal. Just open the terminal and type: sudo periodic daily (or weekly or monthly). The computer will ask you for the administrators password, and then run the script when you provide it.
Agreed - he should have. I know that it is a known issue on some PBs.That sounds plausible. I will try looking at the console/log next time. It doesn't happen always, jusy once in a while, so just opening the Console and pulling the plug will probably not reveal anything now. I'll have to keep the Console open and make sure the console window is visible so I can see what's happening the next time.
Not regulary, but once in a while. Also - the periodic daily, weekly and monthly scripts are run regularly.
OK - here goes: Problem 1: My 17" PB (1 GB RAM, all the latest system updates) sometimes (about once every week - or lets say once every 10 - 20 times) doesn't wake from sleep. The only way to solution is to reboot. No major problem, but a nuisance. It only happens upon opening the screen - if the screen is open (hasn't been closed) and I just touch the keyboard it wakes every time. Hardware-related? Problem 2: Sometimes (not always) when I unplug it to run on batteries...
I visited the AppleStore in Regent Street, London on Wednesday. Since I live outside the EU I am entitled to have the V.A.T. refunded upon leaving the UK. To do this, however, there are some forms that need to be filled in. Every shop in London does this, but to make absolutely sure I asked at the cash registers about this. I asked 3 different persons, and got the same answer from all of them - you don't need any papers, just show the receipt at the customs and you will...