or Connect

Posts by tryd

I visited the AppleStore in Regent Street, London on Wednesday. Since I live outside the EU I am entitled to have the V.A.T. refunded upon leaving the UK. To do this, however, there are some forms that need to be filled in. Every shop in London does this, but to make absolutely sure I asked at the cash registers about this. I asked 3 different persons, and got the same answer from all of them - you don't need any papers, just show the receipt at the customs and you will...
Don't worry - I paid only 120$ for them (1 $ pr CD). All perfectly legal. There are som Classical brands that cost very little, but still make perfectly good recordings.
D***. But just wait until I have ripped the 120 CDs with Brahms, Händel and Mendelssohn I bought last Saturday. 8)
That is nothing. I have a friend who has more than 20 000 CDs. The amount of music out there is vast. I could probably order 1000 CDs tomorrow and not get a single duplication of a work I already have. I have no complete sets of composers, but I have 4 different recordings of Beethovens string quartets. And 3 complete symphony cycles. And 3 complete recordings of the piano sonatas. And so on and so on... Music exists in three forms - the way the composer means it, the way...
Sorry for the off-topic answer.Yes, it is the composer Paul Hindemith. I mainly listen to classical music. Probably 90% of my library is classical (2500 CDs). Slightly on-topic: I wish iTunes would give you the choice to organize your music by composer (should be possible to set by album). I like my music organized by composer, but iTunes organizes by artist. So if I want iTunes to organize my collection (which I do) I have to put the composer as artist (and put the...
Here: I have strange tastes in music (4 non blondes, 50 Cent, Paul Hindemith...). At the moment very "into" Fairport Convention (going to Cropredy next August).
43617 songs, 124:10:58:57, 238,36 GB Most of them ripped from my own CDs in 192 kbps AAC. 4757 albums (not all of them complete), 1158 artists
Can this in any way be related to the upcoming settlement between Apple Corps and Apple Computer? (Just as the - in my opinion - stupid decision of not licensing Fairplay to others could be related to Apples license agreement with the record companies - that to allow Apples fairly loose DRM it should not be available to other vendors?)
So maybe there is a reason that there is a "Music"-menu after all I never understood why there should be a Music-menu on a device that is only used for music. Now if the iPod starts supporting photos etc... this suddenly makes sense. What other menus will appear later? Photo? Video? ???
So there is a "Music"-menu that wasn't there before. Since the iPod is about music, there shouldn't be the need for a Music-menu at all, unless they are preparing for other menus like - "Photos", "Videos" etc... Interesting