or Connect

Posts by crocodile

The enthusiasm for Sandy Bridge Airs is incredible. It is going to sell very well whatever spec it offers. The screen of the existing C2D 13" Air is amazing - much better than the 13" screen on the MBP. Honestly, who needs a 15" unless it offers better resolution. I would very much like it to have a 500 GB SSD and a back-lit keyboard. With these, I buy it the day it comes out. Can anyone tell me how the performance of the i7 ULV chipset in a 13" macBook Air...
Me too. I think Mjteix has nailed the specification. A MacBook Air with a 2.3 Ghz i7, 4 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, Thunderbolt and a price closer to $2,000 rather than $3,000 would catapult this laptop into the stratosphere of desirability. I wonder how such a machine would compare to my existing Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz 13" MacBook Pro. I have this sneaking suspicion, that Sandy Bridge Airs will make the existing MacBook Pro redundant in a heartbeat. While Sandy Bridge Airs are...
This is the most absurd thing I've read since the ridiculous Mr. Me said that Gilette got owned by disposable razors. (Gilette is minting money with people buying replacement blades for its line-up of non-disposable razors with disposable blades as well as with its own line-up of disposable razors that seem to better than everyone else's.) Most of the smart printer companies realise that selling printers for less than the cost of replacement cartridges is insane. Few do...
I'm kinda with Tailpipe on this subject. Your obituary for paper documents is premature. We still need to print stuff. Period. In case you hadn't noticed, people love to have photos of their families and friends in fancy frames to decorate their homes. I have literally thousands of photos on my Mac and no real way to print them. Most inkjet photo printers aren't that great and stuff I printed using what was meant to be a dedicated photo printer, an HP inkjet, 3 or 4 years...
I agree with this. The point is that new 13" MacBooks have better notably screens than the previous plastic version. I really cannot discern much difference between the Air's screen and the new MacBook's. Is this really an issue? Or could just be an early production anomaly? I am in awe at these machines, the glass is definitely half-full for me. The new MacBooks definitely take the game forward. Buy one of these things and it is going to last years. To me the most...
The specs of the new MacBook Air seem very impressive. I am delighted that a 128 Gb SSD hard drive is now available, although I would really like one with above 250 Gbs of space. I would be very grateful if anyone can interpret what the new chips and graphics processor mean in terms of real world performance, especially playing DVDs, running Call of Duty 4, and manipulating large Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Secondly, i noticed that during his keynote speech,...
Having seen the latest case design leaked pictures, I have concluded the following: We're looking at a dual range of MacBooks despite the similarities between the two case designs Screen sizes will stay constant at 13.3", 15.4' and 17.0" so new 16:9 screen format Predict total of 12 SKUs with three options for each of MacBook, MacBoook Air, MacBook Pro 15 and MacBook Pro 17 Standard RAM of 2 and BTO RAM of up to 6 GB Definitely looks thinner (20mm?) Top half of case looks...
It seems as if it is almost certainly a MacBook Air and not a new MacBook. In fact, the video appears to have been shot in such a way as to disguise what it isn't rather than to show what it is. What a bogus waste of time. Whoever produced this obviously spent ages scraping off the word AIR. Pathetic. But then again, if we all visited the website and the resulting traffic generated advertising income, you have to applaud it. We were suckered for a moment....
Would one of the more technically minded contributors to this board please speculate on what the final spec of the new MacBook range is likely to be. Specifically, we need to know the following:Single range of MacBooks or still a dual range of MacBooks and MacBook Pros Screen sizes: regular 13.3", 15' and 17" or new 16:9 screens Hard-disk sizes HDD plus SSD Number of chips, Ghz and speeds GPU/ Video card Standard and BTO RAM 2,4, and 8? Overall footprint Thickness: 20mm or...
The USA and United Kingdom. Two countries divided by a common language.