or Connect

Posts by charlituna

i'd be careful about reading too much into the whole "deal with Visa" bit. It might not be a one stop wallet gig at all but rather just working out the deers needed to have a passbook card version of your credit cards. Once the card is available and merchants and Visa have the terms worked out then places might start talking such a card in place of a physical one. Add to this things like Starbucks, Apple etc where you can already pay with a 'local' card and there is your...
Hmmm now this rumor is making me think that Apple isn't making anything at all in terms of a physical object. But rather has created tech that will help other companies to make MFi smart watches. And perhaps Timex and Swatch are the first couple of companies that are joining in and will be the ones demo'd at the big iOS event in the Fall when the iPhone and iPad (and hopefully a new Apple TV) are introduced.
Basically everyone of those questions is either the fault of the way a third party app was designed, a user issue or actually exists. If these folks are going to make such claims they need to show their proof. I mean they have combed every line of code to know what's there right. So spill it. And do the homework to know what's iOS, user or an app
My guess is no. Those restrictions are set up due to copyright deals so Apple isn't going to do anything that facilitates the easy skirting of the setup. So it will likely be that you can only refill a store account in the country of that account.
Per that final comment, Apple will gain this trademark via filing a lawsuit or having one filed. Because that is actually what happened with Cisco. Apple tried to buy the trademark since Cisco wasn't actively using it. But Cisco said no and then turned around and announced a product under the name iPhone just days before they were going to lose the mark legally for non use. Apple had filed to gain the mark when Cisco's right had officially expired so Cisco sued to stop it,...
I've been saying for a while that the 'delays' in updates are likely because Apple would insist on verifying all reports so no one can prank the system. Seems I was right. What might be better, at least for bigger companies etc, might be a way for them to proactively update their information. They close a shop or move it or build one, they can tell Apple directly and get it fixed right away. Same perhaps with road closures etc from governments so that driving directions...
 Kind of like someone's post lunch 'purge' this afternoon. and they even smell about the same
 someone that actually uses logic. It's so refreshing.  And spot on.  Yes it is possible, even likely, that Apple is going to work in this tech somehow but what an app does means zilch to what Apple is up to. Hell for all we know, the tech they bought helped them to create Metal and that's all they wanted it for
A college professor doesn't get that just because they asked the question doesn't mean the final answer was yes. They asked in order to know if it was worth their time to do any R&D. Who knows what answer that produced. Might have been a yes, might have been no, a whole display isn't feasible. So they will just use it for the camera lens plate and maybe home button
The FTC required Apple to refund all purchases that fit the bill and hadn't already been refunded. So it would likely be that fine plus full refunds. So yeah it might sting a bit