or Connect

Posts by charlituna

This war only seems to exist with bloggers. Page fodder perhaps. Apple certainly isn't 'at war'. Which is why they haven't rushed to at least announce things. They have been very clear over the years this isn't a zero sum game to them and they aren't afraid of other companies plans, products or wins. Oh and Android Wear has hardly had millions of sales so I'm not sure it qualifies as 'significant opposition' at this time. Same with the rest
I suspect that #music fell victim to the same thing that Ping did. It was set up and then ignored. Ping had great potential coming off Lala.com but Apple didn't finish it off. If they had extended it to the full bank of music, even directors, actors etc, gotten the whole 'share playlists with other users' and so on from Lala actually going it could have been huge. But they launched a few labeled artists and nothing.
Hashtags aren't the issue. Hashtag abuse is. If you don't use them well then they don't work. Things like putting tons of hashtags, making up your own, etc. Tumblr is the best place to see some hideous hashtag abuse.But if they were used well they could be a powerful tool for doing searches etc. Like when libraries started cataloging books etc and released they needed a common language for subject headings and consistent name entries for authors etc. Libraries took it a...
I suspect the 12 inch thing is off but the rest could be the next round of MBA. I think that they will go for the retina as the only line of pros with the air becoming the 'MacBook'. Since it won't be a Pro machine they can keep to the lower processors etc to focus the line on light users and the fan less thing would be less of an issue than if it was someone who was editing a 4k film etc
 I can see h.265 but I don't see them putting in a camera that could do 4k in devices this year. Maybe 2k but 4k not until next year.  Now in the iTunes Store I hope to see h.265 since they can up the quality and keep the videos the same size. But I still don't think we'll see 4k on the devices (i.e. iPhone and iPads) this year. maybe a switch to 2k as a step to it. perhaps 4k on the Apple TV and Mac even if maybe only limited titles at first. Big stuff like the Marvels,...
 yep. I know a lot of folks think talking photos with an iPad is lame but given its larger field of vision sometimes it is the better choice (it's all about not being an donkey's beret when you do it). so it would be nice if it had a similar level of quality. Front one included. 
 I wouldn't want to see it go back down but I do agree that the 8-12 MP range is as good as it needs to get for the common user. Especially if they deal with low light etc (video included). if they could work out a way to have lens attach (magnet around the lens cover?) that wouldn't be bad either. the 5% of users that are pro or think they are pro photographers/videographers can get a 'real' camera and do something about the front camera
That's impossible. Apple is on a downward slide to failure since Steve died. Kane said so in his/her book. Kane wrote for WSJ and they are the true experts
Sounds like typical WSJ nonsense