or Connect

Posts by charlituna

then they would only publish things like 4 times a year
I'm questioning this and the logic skills of the writer for one reason and one only. the only folks at Apple that are likely to know anything about this device and its battery are those involved in the design etc. That can't be that big of a group. And they are all most certainly under an NDA. Why the heck would any of them risk a cush job and being blacklisted if it gets out what they did by speaking to another. that detail right there should make one highly suspect...
Funny you mention Microsoft. Remember the X box ring of death. I gave up after getting mine replaced with two more units that also failed. Apparently they did no testing of any kind at any point to figure out why it was happening and stop it.  Compare this to Apple which wasn't likely legally required to do anything about the sleep wake or battery issues on the iPhone 5 in many countries (since the issues didn't start turning up until the phones were several months old for...
Most problems are. But there is no way to test every single unit for every single possible issue before it ships. So they randomly sample X units from every batch and hope for the best.  Also in some cases there really isn't an issue with the item. They send all allegedly defective units to EFFA for the first couple of weeks after a launch and then for some issues it can go a lot longer. So someone could bring in an iPhone 6 claiming it won't make phone calls but it's an...
No one really can explain it because it's not fact from Apple yet.  BUT my read of the talk is that Apple is trying to set up digital credit cards. Look at the examples of what they have already set up via PassBook. Things like Starbucks having a QR code for your rewards account which can be tied to an existing gift card and even reloaded right from the app without need for the actual card at any time. Or Apple's own in store gift cards working the same way with a bar...
how about a ton of regulations, taxes etc. Same as not becoming a cell phone service, an ISP, a cable company etc.  Apple has shown time and again they don't want to be everything to everyone. They aren't Google in that sense. 
or they need a scanner that can read a barcode or QR code. That's how Starbucks already does it via Passbook. No NFC required. 
 Apple only gets what they negotiated. So yes those fees from the merchant might be high but Apple can only get a piece of that from the processors.  keep in mind that they are only talking about right now. As in to get folks to sign up for the program. So perhaps Apple did lowball, for say the first year or two, to get someone to be willing to jump into the risk. Then after that time the amount goes way up.  Its not unlike an actor that could demand $10 million for a...
 Actually the stock was down because of the vast number of negatively slanted articles that have been coming out over the past couple of weeks, especially after the invite. It's standard form. Hype the stock all summer to raise the stock. The invite goes out and the talk of delays and issues goes up to drive the stock down. Big houses score on the dump, then can get more shares cheap when everyone is excited about what is announced and then even more so when the lines are...
Now that would be really killer. Actually they kind of did do that at one point. Barcley Bank which handles their inhouse financing had a choice of a no interest introductory offer or a rewards card. I rather wish I had known that when it was live cause I would have applied and just route everything through it for max tunes points.