or Connect

Posts by charlituna

As I understand it, because of how Apple Pay is set it it is considered 'card present' at least in the US. We'll see if that is also true for other countries when they launch
 Companies like Gap Inc are also partners. And I might be willing to use the app for them cause I have a Gap credit card. But not if I still have to attach a checking account number (apparently they don't work with the major credit card companies). 
I don't mind the notion they want a system that can also handle their loyalty cards. But I question how safe my data is in their cloud. That gives me major pause so if I have to go to one of those shops I'll just use my card like before.
If multiple phones isn't fixing the issue it isn't likely to be hardware. Especially since this is a scant number of complaints compared to the number of phones out there. My brand new, never been dropped, spilled on etc iPad Mini 2 has had this issue a few times. Like maybe four times in the week I have owned it. I have about 300 apps on it, many of which haven't yet released an iOS 8 update. In truth I'm not really worried about it
Avoid sounds like Apple somehow bribed etc their way out of an examination . They didn't. They were found to not be infringing. As for the "non practicing" debate, I think that yes it should be a factor but only in cases of patents sold to another party. If you are the one that created it then there is likely research etc costs and you should be allowed to recover those via licensing. It's only companies that do no research but just buy and sue that turn my stomach. And...
They are rethinking it. By getting rid of it. And iPhoto. Rumor is they are going to one app with an advanced mode and plug in support.What I dislike is that they dumped iphoto for iOS and the brushes aren't in the photo app. Nor could we ever use the brushes to edit computer photos using out devices as the input
Wrong. It was never unlimited. There was a 1000 photo limit on your personal stream also. Plus any item over 30 days could disappear.It appeared to be unlimited because the photos didn't auto delete from local storage. So if y didn't do any kind of erase or restore for several months you could have 5000 photos locally on your iPhone or iPad but the moment you did that restore only the last 1000 came back.The only "unlimited" was in the time for shared steams. They had no...
Yes and no. Boxes like the ATV, Roku etc have likely given the nets the numbers to see that this kind of thing would be feasible. So in that sense yes Apple did it. But a no in the sense that it was also a matter of the contracts ending so now the opportunity is there
First off. No one is saying this will be the only way to access. Existing cable hasn't announced a shutdown.As for pricing, it will only go up if you cut cable. Most companies like TWC bundle services. So say cable is $50 a month and internet is $50 a month. They offer you both for $80. If you cut cable you lose the discount. Keep it and you keep that price and with most major players access to this iOS etc app anyway
iOS, if not jailbroken, is very very difficult to infect with any kind of malware so the fact that THIS reddit is launching an official app may just be a good thing.