or Connect

Posts by charlituna

Keep in mind the time Paypal has been in business and the spread they have. Apple won't have that when this launches.  Rather like how Google Maps was crap when it started like 10 years ago, Paypal was barely making any money when it started. It wasn't until various web sites, including Apple, jumped on board the 'pay with Paypal' system and eBay bought Paypal that they really started to rake in the cash.   That is the same thing that is likely to happen here. Apple starts...
 I mentioned this to someone on another site and they claimed that yes your phone gets text messages before iCloud is set up. If I had the time to waste I would actually wipe my phone to test that, but I highly highly suspect that this would be wrong. And thus 2 step wouldn't work for restoring a backup. Unless Apple wants to change the system so backups don't have to be set up on a fresh machine. Perhaps with the new iCloud system this will be the case, at least at once...
 You really think someone like Jennifer Lawrence needs to pull that kind of stunt. That she would hire someone to pose as a hacker, to implicate Apple etc.  If anyone is looking for publicity its the hacker, which might be why it was implied that they breached an Apple system. Apple gets press. During the days between invite and announcement everyone basically turns into 24/7 Apple press machines. It was very very well timed. 
 You can only educate folks so much. It's highly unlikely that all the majors will ever join together to create a database that bars using common passwords. So it's on the user.  If they insist on using the same password everywhere, that's on them. It's unruly to give folks one try then block them out, although that would be the safest. And phishing. Well that is again an education issue. Many folks just don't care to try to learn that stuff. So they happily give all their...
 We do not know, 100% confirmed, the attack vector, so you can't say if they were or were not stupid. Cook said there is zero evidence that anyone attack the system directly. If we trust him to be telling the truth then that is fact.  But it doesn't mean the celebrities were careless. Keep in mind that often they don't run these accounts for themselves. A major figure like Lawrence is going to have at least one personal assistant. That is the person that buys her phone,...
 He never said there would be two step for backups which makes sense cause that's pre access to the messages app. it would be a heck of a lot harder to reprogram the system to allow for texts before getting to the home screen. He said iCloud data which is more likely iCloud Drive.  This. iBrute used a list of 500 'idiot' passwords, many of which were variations on the word password and the sad part is that those are likely legit for some folks. I have an older neighbor who...
He's also not afraid to placate the public a bit. The truth is that there is zero proof that all those folks stuff came from iCloud. I believe Jennifer Lawrence is the only confirmed iCloud user in the bunch. The rest could have been Drop Box etc. And in Jennifer's case for all we know the source was a disgruntled employee who knew the log in info and decided to get back at her. Or a greedy current one with the same access.  But folks are screaming they should have more...
Good is rather subjective. A lot of folks might say that Coldplay's stuff isn't good. Or even U2
Yaoband. They love their ipads and they have a connection with Apple from being featured in a Verse story
I agree that they aren't likely to preload an album, but a code to get it free inside each iphone sure. A talk about Project (Red) and a video, yep. U2 being they losing band, why not