or Connect

Posts by charlituna

i question how this service gets their information and how reliable it is, but that aside I"m not really shocked by the notion that their phone service was busier than typical. On Friday most folks were in line trying to get a phone. Saturday those that didn't were probably clogging up the lines to whine and try to find out when they might get one.
I was thinking similar things. I doubt that they will shutter it so much as meld it into existing systems. 
 if it is out of warranty then they don't get reimbursed for the cost of the parts so that price is probably about right.  Unlike at Apple where they can send it to their depot for perhaps half that amount regardless of how many parts they have to replace. I've had $1000 in parts replaced flat rate for $300 before. It's worth checking out. And if it turns out later that yes this is some serious and widespread issue and they issue a quality program, you will likely be able...
at this point there isn't likely a way since as you say, it appears to require Yosemite. I am not sure I really want my entire library on iCloud anyway as I have a ton of photos so I'm just happy mucking about with what is on my iPhone and iPad. 
 I'm curious about the source of that information. Its not on the screen shot after all. I can't help wondering if that is a typo and it should be $199. Which would make sense give that the 5 series is $149 and one would expect the same or higher. 
totally right. Screw them. If you don't have Apple Care you should just have to go buy a full price retail phone. Same if you break it. You didn't take care of your stuff so that $649+ is a suitable punishment. 
 Or they won't because many of them don't post photos they have already taken. They take it in the moment and via the app.  They are likely to freak more about how the whole camera roll/photostream meant two copies of every photo was on the device and taking up precious storage. 
Yep. Same thing I have said to several folks griping about how this or that app can't upload photos cause of this 'bug'. Not a bug in IOS but in the app, and the developers have known about this change for months.  Now gripe about how Apple removed the whole events/face/planes tabs which were actually easier to search and you might have something. At the very least I wish they would let us facetag photos on our devices and search for those tags
They CAN. But its not wise to do so.