or Connect

Posts by charlituna

My thoughts, if they talk about it in April it will be out by June. It's just the Apple way. Any thing with Time Warner is likely on the lines of getting them to the party on these 'with cable subscription' gigs. TWC has been notorious for not playing on that front. If they did, and Apple could get all nets to have an app, there would be no need for a cable box. The Apple TV would be that piece of the puzzle
Seems to me that IDC doesn't get it. Apple isn't in the market to rule the market by selling the most phones. They are trying to create what they feel is the best phone. Same with tablet, computer, media center etc. That so many consumers buy into Apple's notion of 'the best' is a testament to their judgement of what to include and not, even at a higher price. But Apple has never chased the top share position and never will. Even having held it with the iPad as the first...
Analysts predicting products, yeah I believe they have a clue I don't think Apple is doing anything of the sort hardware wise. Tim etc have made it clear in recent interviews that they are NOT looking to converge the two systems in such ways. IAnywhere might exist, but as an attitude to bring the two worlds into sharing such that there is seamless flow between the Mac version and iOS versions of things. Parity in features in iLife and pages. Adding features like the tap...
I'm not so sure he did it out of a sense of morals. The more folks play a game the more they demand bug fixes, improvements etc. It's possible the issue was that he didn't want to have to do any more work on it.
I can't keep wondering if the real reason is that he's butthurt that ISS is telling everyone to vote no. And they are big enough that folks will likely listen
I'm thinking the same thing. Here have been a handful of stories about money laundering via trading for bit coins, the whole Silk Road thing etc. Apple wouldn't want to have something illegal associated with iOS
 Weaker than expected doesn't equal total failure. They might have expected 10 million units to sell but got only 9 million as of that comment. But only needed 6 million to sell to break even.  That said, yeah they will discount the 5C because it will be replaced with the 6C just as the 5S will be replaced by a 6S even if the 6C is just the 5S in the same kind of body as the 5C and the 5C becomes the 'zero' phone (pretty easy to do actually, they could even do an 8 GB 5S...
 It's not really that simple. Obama had nothing to do with 'allowing' anything so much as he vetoed the attempt to ban the products in question before a court decision was made. Because, he feels, injunctions shouldn't be allowed on SEP issues before the court comes to a ruling. Afterwards is a different game. There might be cause for an injunction (if say the 'offending' company refuses to properly license even when a fair offer is made). The refusal to ban comes from the...
Carl will never be happy
 I highly doubt it. Apple could have gotten into these things, smart tvs etc a long time ago if they wanted.  But I do agree that they are very likely working on advances that might be useful to such things (and thus make Apple money via patents) and who knows what else.  I think some of what Apple might be working on could end up being innovations that don't actually involve making a new hardware. What if iWatch and Apple TV aren't about hardware but actually a new scheme...