or Connect

Posts by charlituna

I can't keep wondering if the real reason is that he's butthurt that ISS is telling everyone to vote no. And they are big enough that folks will likely listen
I'm thinking the same thing. Here have been a handful of stories about money laundering via trading for bit coins, the whole Silk Road thing etc. Apple wouldn't want to have something illegal associated with iOS
 Weaker than expected doesn't equal total failure. They might have expected 10 million units to sell but got only 9 million as of that comment. But only needed 6 million to sell to break even.  That said, yeah they will discount the 5C because it will be replaced with the 6C just as the 5S will be replaced by a 6S even if the 6C is just the 5S in the same kind of body as the 5C and the 5C becomes the 'zero' phone (pretty easy to do actually, they could even do an 8 GB 5S...
 It's not really that simple. Obama had nothing to do with 'allowing' anything so much as he vetoed the attempt to ban the products in question before a court decision was made. Because, he feels, injunctions shouldn't be allowed on SEP issues before the court comes to a ruling. Afterwards is a different game. There might be cause for an injunction (if say the 'offending' company refuses to properly license even when a fair offer is made). The refusal to ban comes from the...
Carl will never be happy
 I highly doubt it. Apple could have gotten into these things, smart tvs etc a long time ago if they wanted.  But I do agree that they are very likely working on advances that might be useful to such things (and thus make Apple money via patents) and who knows what else.  I think some of what Apple might be working on could end up being innovations that don't actually involve making a new hardware. What if iWatch and Apple TV aren't about hardware but actually a new scheme...
 The share percent is going down. But mainly because the total number has gone up. iOS device sales are holding basically steady while Android and Windows devices increase in number, flooding the market due to the lower price. As you note, often from folks that had little intention of getting a smart phone but deciding to ditch the flip because the cost for say an Android phone is so little (and often put on sale with BOGO etc).  What numbers we don't see are adjusted for...
that rules out the iWatch and the 'real' TV coming out this year as neither is a 'new product category'
This is real pretty but how about some research into making displays that can be written and drawn on better.