or Connect

Posts by popnfresh

Apple is playing a dangerous game with its advertising. Its decades long partnership with Chiat was based on a close working relationship with Steve Jobs. Schiller doesn't understand how to work with an ad agency. He thinks that since they're Apple they should keep on pushing the products as if they exist in a vacuum. He doesn't get the fact that the world is changing, and he thinks all Apple needs to do is business as usual. Chiat, on the other hand, sees the big picture...
You're right. These last four years without a major new product release have not all been on Cook's watch. Just most of it.And as for those six years you claim that Apple went under Jobs without a major new product release, you're flat wrong.In 2005 Apple released the Mac G5, featuring, for the first time, a computer with entirely new system architecture--a major product. In the other intervening years Apple released other entirely new products, including the first Intel...
YAY! More technology for Apple to sue Samsung over! I can't wait!
Apple has finally completed its transition to being the new Microsoft. Instead of innovating like they used to under Steve Jobs, now they merely buy companies that are already making products they like. This is how Microsoft got many of its products, like Office and Internet Explorer. They didn't invent them, they bought them. The bottom line is, those who can innovate, do; those who can't, acquire. Welcome to mediocrity, Apple.
Yes, Tim Cook does need to put up, and soon. Apple hasn't released a new product line in almost four years under his leadership.
Ballmer never got it before, isn't getting it now and still won't be getting it when the swinging door hits his backside on his way out. There's a reason why every new mobile technology product that MS has launched under his watch has failed miserably. He. Just. Doesn't. Get. It.
Nobody, I repeat, nobody, who knows anything about San Francisco, would call Union Square a "backwater"--FANBOY!
If they really wanted to brighten my day, they'd announce new MacBook Pros as well. The new school year has begun, and still no hint about when we might see those or what improvements they will feature.
I love all of these non-San Franciscan people who smugly proclaim that Apple can and should take their business elsewhere because the city doesn't want a landmark public fountain destroyed by the construction of a retail store. They have no idea what they're talking about. For Apple to modify their design to accommodate the fountain is nothing in relation to what they'd be giving up if they don't. They will gladly do it in order to preserve their presence in the Union...
CC is a pure greed move by Adobe. It'll be a cold day in hell before I pay them rent to use their software.