or Connect

Posts by popnfresh

And you don't like Fry's because.....?I'll take Fry's over Best Buy any day.
When I was in the market for a TV I went to check them out at Best Buy. Then, like most people, I bought the one I liked online and saved a bundle. And I didn't have to deal with some BB drone pressuring me to buy overpriced crappy cables or worthless "Geek Squad" support.
Schulze is about to get a quick education as to why Best Buy has been in decline for years. He's throwing his money down the drain for his ego's sake. I predict his misguided efforts will fail and BB will declare bankruptcy within 5 years.
Price matching at Apple Stores? Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave.
Personally, I didn't think the ads were nearly as bad as the media made them out to be. On the other hand, they weren't all that great either. Better to just move on.
Yeah, how DARE they make a tablet in the shape of a rectangle! Don't they know that Steve Jobs invented the rectangle?
It's interesting to note how Ballmer's line on competing with Apple has changed over the years. In 2007, when the first iPhone came out, he dismissed it out of hand. He assured an interviewer that the iPhone would die a quick and painful death and that Apple "won't sell more than 500" of them. He then went on to boast how Microsoft had already been in the mobile phone business for years and their phones were far cheaper and covered a whole range of models. An upstart like...
Sure it was thuggish. And Apple's ploy to grab the iPad name by setting up a phony company was sleazy. Big deal. This is business, not a campfire sing-along. If I were Proview I would have held Apple's feet to the fire for this too.   Anyone who says they wouldn't do the same if they were Proview's CEO is kidding themselves.
Blackberry 10 will be delayed another 6+ months?   Bye bye, RIM, it's been boring knowing you.
Apple did the right thing by covering their @ss on this. There may have been no viruses for OS X to date, but that's not to say there couldn't be. It's impossible to say with absolute certainty that any OS can be made 100% impervious to viruses. That said, I still think OS X is one of the most, if not the most, secure OSes available.