or Connect

Posts by popnfresh

I guess that must be why the iPhone's marketshare is declining and Android's is increasing, huh.
More and more, Apple seems to be ignoring what people want in favor of what Steve Jobs is convinced they should want--Flash on the iPhone/Touch/iPad, user-replaceable batteries, support for more audio and video codecs. And now this.
I had an iPhone and replaced it with a Google Nexus One (which I love, btw). Dr. Soneira needs to get his eyes checked. The N1 screen blows the iPhone's screen right out of the water. It's brighter, sharper and the colors are much more appealing. And the screen is also considerably larger than the iPhone's. Every time I show my N1 to my friends who own iPhones their jaws drop. It's that much better.
I want to donate to the Haiti relief effort, but I question that money I give to the Red Cross through iTunes would, in fact, be earmarked for Haiti. The Red Cross is on record as saying that all money given to them at any time goes into their general fund and is used for whatever they deem appropriate. That means that some of the money may go to Haiti, but some or even all of it may also go to some other Red Cross project, or even administrative expenses. I applaud Apple...
Now the entire country can have lousy 3G coverage from AT&T.
The problem is not that our CS3 installs have quit working. I work for an advertising agency, and when we're forced to upgrade because Adobe has arbitrarily decided to change native file formats generated by their current products, it costs us $30,000 to upgrade all of our workstations--and we're a small agency. And to do it after only 14 months since CS3 was introduced is robbery. It's naked corporate greed, pure and simple. If we don't upgrade we will not be able to open...
OK, maybe 3 years was a bit of an exaggeration for rhetorical reasons--it was more like 2 years, but still, today Adobe is going to the well far too frequently. Let's take a look at Photoshop's release history, for example. Photoshop 2.5 - released 11/1992 Photoshop 3.0 - released 11/1994 Photoshop 4.0 - released 11/1996 after that, the schedule accelerates... Photoshop 5.0 - released 5/1998 then slows back down... Photoshop 6.0 - released 9/2000 then accelerates...
Abobe is scared to face the wrath of users after releasing CS4 a mere 14 months after CS3 was released. Abobe used to go 3 years between releases. I guess ever since they gobbled up Macromedia and became a monopoly in pro graphics software they figure they can get away with charging what they want, as often as they want. They're just a bunch of rapists, IMO.
I can see a mid-cycle bump in capacity for the 3G iPhone. That's one good reason to wait if you're a current iPhone owner. However, I will sit out this iPhone generation entirely. I'm a current iPhone owner, and for me it's just not better enough. I can't justify paying a higher monthy rate for it. Next summer's iPhone is bound to be a more mature and compelling product. This year's 3G feels too much like the result of trying to get a 3G model out the door as quickly as...
I think you're in the minority among potential Touch customers. There's every reason to separate the two product lines. The iPhone is a cell phone with an internet enabled media player built-in, and it requires a 2-year contract. The Touch is an internet enabled media player only and it costs zero dollars per month to use it. The 3G iPhone will cost at least $200 + $1680 over 2 years, bringing the total cost of ownership to $1880. The Touch currently starts at $300 + $0....