or Connect

Posts by plankton

All great but when a customer sends a complex docx or pptx file with multiple tables in Japanese for translation, conversions to and from Pages and Keynote just don't handle it well.  All sorts of double-byte font conversion and page layout issues and an absolute PITA. Pages and Keynote are nice but the conversions with non-English languages are not.
Getting back to Office 2016 for a moment, after 3 months beta testing, my problem is that it is still loaded with serious unfixed bugs. Some examples:   1. Try find Advanced find and replace in Word and watch the double inserts in the left sub-screen. 2. Try running spellcheck in PowerPoint and watch as it switches randomly between Danish, Swedish and other languages in a completely English document. 3. Try getting an accurate word count in Properties of...
With one of the world's biggest, best, cleanest, and almost always on-time public transport systems, missing out on Tokyo is a BIG FAIL Apple.
I'd buy one in an eye blink if it had blood glucose monitoring.
Hallelujah—I am waiting for the external force trackpad (and the Apple TV4).
Yes, I know the Pegasus2 R8 and it is nicely engineered piece of kit that I have used, but for $4000 extra to get 32 TB of storage, I'd have preferred Apple to design a different form-factor than a bloody cylinder to incorporate that storage internally. As your desktop shows, you end up with a beautiful black cylinder and a large shoebox full of external drives.  Yes, falling prices for big SSDs will help in the future and is obviously the way to go. There's another...
Hmm—A 6 GB RAID 0 will store a few seconds.   I guess you mean 6 TB?  RAID 0 is not what I'd call up to the redundancy backup standard either, but each to his/her own.   One of my current set-ups uses two z-pools on internal 6-Gbps SATA each of 4 x 4 TB for 24 TB of total storage allowing for 2 x 4 TB disk redundancy. How do I get eight disks in a MacPro—4 in the drive trays and 4 in the optical drive spaces using a PCie card and special power supply.   The cylinder...
I also use Fibre Channel for external storage but it's not the same as having 4 x 4 TB of internal storage.
 Or they could completely abandon it (like the Newton or the other small Mac in a perspex box—what was it called, I forget!) ​1 TB max until Tiger released a 2 TB SSD a few weeks ago and still pathetically small—do you know how much storage raw 4K video uses per minute?
I stand corrected on TB1/TB2. You know there is going to be an update? Apple has pretty much let the MacPro cylinder languish since release. People who use high-end WS  like the MacPro need gobs of storage and the pathetic 1 TB internal storage max. does not hack it for any price. The external TB options for storage are ugly, inconvenient and expensive.