or Connect

Posts by kerryn

This could be really useful as a media server in a car. This way for road trips it can be loaded up with all the kids/wife movies (I don't use iTunes for Movies preferring to rip my own DVD/Blurays) and their music and they can access whatever they want through their iPad/iPods on road trips. I may be looking to get one of these once they go on sale.
I expect that the new build will come out as soon as I leave my office and get onto my metered "broadband". :::sigh::: First world problems eh?
If they are so hard to make then perhaps it would be better for Apple to design them to be easier to make and you know, less thin.  No one cares about the thinness of a desktop computer.   How about some useful things that the thinness doesn't allow, like:   1) SD slot where is it accessible, like on the side? 2) An accessible USB3 slot on the side for temporary media or an external DVD/Bluray drive as they so happily removed it from the device. 3) A VESA...
This report would be a lot more useful if it actually told us which apps did not make the grade. That way we can avoid them. Perhaps none use of the apps would encourage developers to become more transparant. Ha! Likely not....
  If you look at the LTE specs you will see that the AT&T phone will not work on international LTE frequencies so it doesn't matter whether it is locked or not.   The verizon phone can be unlocked by Verizon for international use.  That phone also covers the current international LTE frequencies so you will be able to get LTE in the UK as well if the local carriers there support it.
  Depends where you live.  The CDMA may not be as fast but in my experience it is more reliable.  My wife's Verizon iPhone will hum along most of the time whereas my AT&T iPhone will drop to Edge but then pretty my refuse to work.  Also many times I have a 1 or 2 bar 3G signal and the data will still refuse to work.  When AT&T works it is fast and great.  A lot of the time in marginal areas it is just sh!t.  There Verizon wins.  When my contract is up in a few months my...
While I believe that Apple deliberately chose not enable multi-user accounts with the attitude that people should just buy two or more I believe that they are actually losing sales as a result.   Our family doesn't own an iPad.  I would like to have one but any purchase of such a product would end up being a "coffee table" item.  It would be for a quick "do something" when sitting down.  Kids do some educational apps or games, my wife and I check out mail/facebook...
    Well I can categorically state that my Macbook suffers all the things described in that blog.  Things started getting worse with Snow Leopard then just got diabolical with Lion.  Admittedly my 2007 Macbook is getting long in the tooth but since Lion it is getting unbearable in its performance.   For example, switching user accounts - once a seamless process - now often results in a spinning beachball while the machine displays the logon screen.  The only way I have...
The match server is pretty good and updating older music to 256AAC is nice, but wait until you find that you playlists do not work as expected anymore.I mostly like Match, but the downgrade in playlist functionality is a total screw up on Apple's part. I wish they would fix it.
Just got notification of 10.5.2 being available. I'm downloading it now. Hopefully this fixes the mess that was 10.5.1.